PDA

View Full Version : HELPPP! :(

blanaidmonk
25-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi guys, im new to this, and im really grateful for all your help, i had my 1st visit from my inspector and she was really nice, she gave me a to do list, and she would come back 3 weeks later to check, i was waiting and she didnt show, then she arranged for another date which she didnt yet come again!! i was getting so upset, then when she finally came again and checked my to do list, it was fine,i was very nervous answering the questions becuase they were going in 1 ear and out the other. so shes coming back out now on tuesday and i need to know what kind of questions she asks because she said its like an interview. i waited so long for this (since december2010)and i dont want to throw it away over nerves. help me please people
blanaid
:panic:

sarah707
26-06-2011, 08:26 AM
You should have a booklet which takes you through preparing for your pre-reg inspection and lists the kinds of questions the inspector might ask.

It is document 080021 on the Ofsted website and is called 'Early Years Register: preparing for your registration visit'.

If you work through that with the Eyfs open next to you then you will be much more confident that you know what you are being asked and you can refer to your notes when you are answering her questions.

Hth :D

blanaidmonk
26-06-2011, 02:15 PM
hey sarah thanks for replying back, im going to go through that now and hopefully i will be fine, i have a girl coming to me now at 6 to give me a few tips, shes been working with children for 12 years. :)

littleguy1
26-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I just read through the EYFS and made sure I knew everything. I found most of it was common sense and second, I had most of it in place (I.e safety equipment as I have a 1 year old of my own. She was very impressed that I already had my policies in place! Just don't be too nervous, be confident and it will be fine! :-)

blanaidmonk
27-06-2011, 01:02 AM
hey vick, thanks for replying, i have everything done now just finished my examples for my daily routines and my house rules and stuff just to show her when she comes out i will let you know on tuesday xx:)

M&AsMummy
27-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck! :) .........I haven't had my registration visit so will look forward to hearing how yours goes!

x