PDA

View Full Version : Unsuitable clothing for a 3 year old!

green4lynn
25-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi all, do any of you have parents who dress their kids in totally inappropriate clothes? It drives me mad when this little girl who is 3 1/2 arrives wearing summer dresses in winter, no coat or cardi, and bare legs. Or wears the same dress for a week cos its her favourite. It could stand up on its own, its that grubby! Mum and Dad let her get away with it cos they can't seem to say no to her. The other week she had a strappy dress on that was so low you could practically see her nipples, and this week turned up for nursery wearing a halter neck top more suited to the beach! The nursery workers agreed that it wasn't really appropriate, but didn't say anything to mum!
Mum is a very straight-laced uni lecturer, the most sensible woman I know, but as far as her daughter is concerned, anything goes. She doesn't seem to have any common sense when it comes to parenting, if dd says she doesn't want to do something mum says Ok! It could be a blizzzard outside but if she doesn't want to wear a coat, she doesn't have to! Mum and Dad are so soft with her, she turns into a baby when they come to pick her up.

It makes me want to scream!

Lynn x:mad:

marnieb
26-06-2011, 06:31 AM
I'd have a word and get mum to leave 2 sets of clothes at yours - just t-shirts, leggins and a jumper, then you can easily change her yourself, and mum might get the message that way??

love381
26-06-2011, 07:09 AM
I'd have a word and get mum to leave 2 sets of clothes at yours - just t-shirts, leggins and a jumper, then you can easily change her yourself, and mum might get the message that way??

That's exactly what I did!! I had a lo who would constantly come in the 'wrong' clothes!! Quite often, they were her favourites from his previous size of clothing!!! It's not great seeing a 4 year old squeeze into 3 year old clothing, especially when he should probably be in 5 year old clothing or nearly!!
Be careful asking mum for clothes, stress that you only need a few spare bits!! I asked for spare clothes and got a bag of clothes each day so that I could choose what was suitable for the activities we were doing - the bag never went home with clothes that weren't used because mum left them with me incase tomorrows clothes didn't suit and then a second bag would turn up the next day!! I ended up with a box of this lads clothes and he'd arrive in PJ's!!! Unbelievable what some parent's think is ok!!

x

nokidshere
26-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I'd just keep some cheap leggings and tops at home to change her into and then change her back when she goes home. Not worth getting stressed about since you wont change the parent.

sarah707
26-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes we are having similar problems at the moment so in my last newsletter I said...

Weather - we have noticed that some of the children do not want to bring or wear their coats in the slightly warmer weather.

However mornings can still be really cold when we go out on the school run and by the afternoon school run we never know what will have happened – it could be anything from a heatwave to a layer of permafrost!!

Please send children with coats and in layers of clothes ready for daily outside play and we will help them make the right decision of what to wear and when.

Or maybe you could keep a coat or a warm fleece at your house for her? :D

caz3007
26-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I have one Lo who is only 1 and her 18 year old sister brings her in the mornings. I think I have now trained her sister and there is always a coat in her bag now and also this last week she has had a blanket over her in the buggy as its been a little chilly.

I have another 3 year old Lo that never comes appropriately dressed, can just be in a tshirt and mum is in a winter coat, he is a big lad and can fit in some of my own DS's outgrown coats and jumpers so often pop something on him. Now if his dad brings him, he comes with lots of layer just in case :laughing: