PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

jo.jo76
25-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi

I'm on a local group on facebook and some has posted that their child was seriously injured whilst at their childminders this week. She has named the childminder and her address, and said "she is going to get her for this" There is a long thread with lots of people commenting. What would you do? My partner has suggested phoning police.

Jo

gigglinggoblin
25-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I would call the police and inform them, its up to them if they do anything. Can you get a screen shot incase it gets taken down?

jo.jo76
25-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you. I've just taken the screen shots.

Other half has reported it to police too. They've taken note of what has been said and given us a crime number and asked them to call them again if their are any more open threats of violence.

gigglinggoblin
25-06-2011, 09:28 PM
What a horrible situation to be in. Does the other cm know?

jo.jo76
25-06-2011, 09:35 PM
She is not a member of the group that the thread is on, as it is supposed to be a For Sale group in my local area, so I guess not.

sarah707
25-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Hopefully the childminder has reported the accident to Ofsted and if the child was taken to hospital she might also have needed to inform RIDDOR.

She really should be told that she is being threatened but I can understand you not wanting to get involved. :(

I am not sure what the answer is without breaking confidentiality either. Though I suppose posting it on facebook means any attempts at confidentiality have gone...

Maybe facebook should be informed if someone is being threatened so they can pull the thing.

I hope it doesn't come to anything. It's hard enough dealing with the guilt of a child having an accident without this :(

jo.jo76
25-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks Sarah, hopefully the CM has reported it herself as the parent is saying that Social Services are involved and child was taken to hospital and is having to attend hospital regularly to have dressings changed.

I can't imagine what either side are going through but broadcasting it for all to see on facebook for all to read is worrying, especially with name and address of CM.
Under other halfs advice, I'm resisting the urge to involve myself and hopefully by reporting it I've done the best thing I can

Jo x