PDA

View Full Version : do you think this is a good idea or not ?

lou lou
25-06-2011, 05:10 PM
this september i am going to be nearly empty since the four years i have been childminding as all of mine are going to school as well as my little girl so have a lot of spaces to fill and have had no enquiries lately and have sat here thinking about doing an open day do you think this could work or not or have any of you done anything like this

francinejayne
25-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Being completely honest, if I were a parent looking for childcare this wouldn't tempt me at all! I would want to come to your house when it would be just me you were chatting to so you could concentrate on me and my requirements.

Sorry!

love381
25-06-2011, 05:36 PM
I agree, open days don't appeal to me, even for schools - I want to see the school when it's working properly and not when it's on 'show' for me!! I would perhaps hand leaflets out at the school and at groups you go to. x

blue bear
25-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I have heard of this being done before and successfully too, think I would have a general open day and make appointments to come back and visit when you are working just like you would any other enquiry.

Work us very slow at the moment so good on you thinking out side of the box.

onceinabluemoon
25-06-2011, 05:53 PM
this september i am going to be nearly empty since the four years i have been childminding as all of mine are going to school as well as my little girl so have a lot of spaces to fill and have had no enquiries lately and have sat here thinking about doing an open day do you think this could work or not or have any of you done anything like this

It could be.

However it could also be a very good chance for crooks to come and see what you have worth stealing and you'd be in a very vulnerable position if you were home alone so please think carefully x

lou lou
25-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I have heard of this being done before and successfully too, think I would have a general open day and make appointments to come back and visit when you are working just like you would any other enquiry.

Work us very slow at the moment so good on you thinking out side of the box.

that was what i was thinking of doing just a general open day i really cant afford to be empty for too long

love381
25-06-2011, 06:26 PM
It could be.

However it could also be a very good chance for crooks to come and see what you have worth stealing and you'd be in a very vulnerable position if you were home alone so please think carefully x

I agree, it's such a dodgy world!! My friend was burgled by people who had 'viewed' her property that she was selling!!

Is it possible to have a stall somewhere - a car boot/school sale etc!! That way you can promote yourself openly, but it's not in your own home. x

sharonmanc
25-06-2011, 06:31 PM
I was thinking of having a reading morning, put out some flyers, and people can ring and book, that way you will be sure to know if anyone turns up, they can then come with there little ones etc, so more like a coffee morning for mums/dads, and a fun play tie for lil ones, and then they can see you interact with the little ones too