PDA

View Full Version : potty training

KarenM
25-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I have a little boy who is starting training and I'm not sure whether it is ok to have the potty in the front room or to leave it in the bathroom. The bathroom is on the ground floor but you have to go through the kitchen to get to it and he obviously needs help at the moment - but I have 2 younger children at the same time (18 months and 8 months). What does everyone else do?

QualityCare
25-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I always leave it in the front room to start with as little ones can't hold it long enough to get to the toilet if he's at the stage of letting you know,if not he will be more inclined to sit for a while if he can still see whats going on.l then take them with me to empty it, and gradually introduce the toilet as he becomes more confident. I always encourage boys (and girls) to sit on the toilet without a training seat occasionally at home when they are able to say they need to go so that if ever we are out they will sit and go and not be frightened of the toilet.

love381
25-06-2011, 03:13 PM
I always leave it in the front room to start with as little ones can't hold it long enough to get to the toilet if he's at the stage of letting you know,if not he will be more inclined to sit for a while if he can still see whats going on.l then take them with me to empty it, and gradually introduce the toilet as he becomes more confident. I always encourage boys (and girls) to sit on the toilet without a training seat occasionally at home when they are able to say they need to go so that if ever we are out they will sit and go and not be frightened of the toilet. I have tried this, but still found some were scared!

I have a foldable toilet seat that comes with me EVERYWHERE!!!

As for the potty, not used one in here in years as all children have wanted to learn straight onto toilet seat with special seat on. I did used to have one and just put it up on the unit when it wasn't needed/wanted!! It has also encouraged the others I've found and made them less scared sometimes. x

QualityCare
25-06-2011, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=love381;946035]I have a foldable toilet seat that comes with me EVERYWHERE!!!

Where did you get it from.

love381
25-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Where did you get it from.

I got it from Wilkinsons, wasn't that expensive either if I remember correctly! x

love381
25-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I can't find it on Wilkinsons website, but that's definately where I bought it. It is this one, that I've found on Ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BABY-CHILD-FOLDABLE-TRAVEL-TOILET-POTTY-TRAINING-SEAT-/160468308994?pt=UK_Baby_Potty_Training&hash=item255ca81402

If you search for foldable toilet seat on ebay there are a couple on there! They really are brilliant, fits quite easily into the nappy bag, under the buggy, in one of the buggy pockets (for my Mutsy), basically so easy to carry!! x

QualityCare
25-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks will look on e-bay

love381
25-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks will look on e-bay

Super! I think they are the best thing ever when it comes to potty training! Just need to make sure I'm near enough to a toilet when I go out (a toilet seat with no toilet isn't great, haha!!)

x

snufflepuff
25-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I have one of these:

http://www.mothercare.com/Potette-PLUS-Travel-Potty-Trainer/dp/B001CFP50C

It's a portable potty and toilet seat in one. (I don't buy the special liners for it though because they sot a bomb, I buy cheapie incontinence pads and stick one in a carrier bag!)