PDA

View Full Version : sleeptimes

emily79
25-06-2011, 10:46 AM
hi have started the process and now waiting for ofsted call to come and see us . Just wondering how people sleep their over 1s as we have 2 travel cots but once they can stand these arent safe for them I also have a couple of ready beds but if different children are using them each day its going to be a nightmare to get them washed and dried each day! storage is a problem too any help gratefully received!

Goatgirl
25-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi,
I have a travel cot which I use for a 3 year old; she's quite petite, goes straight to sleep, calls me when she wakes and for 'just in case' I position it tightly between a cupboard and the side of my bed, so she could climb out, but not tip it over if you see what i mean. I also have a monitor which picks up any significant sounds of movement.

You can also use buggies, mats on the floor, the sofa: whatever works for you and your home :thumbsup:

No advice for storage solutions as I have the same problem there :rolleyes: I would say though, I am glad I bought necessary equipment as I needed it rather than have every possible item before I started which the ofsted lady my dw etc thought I should have ;). I do have one set of bedding for each child which is washed weekly, rather than a clean set for every sleep.

good luck: you'll work out what's best for you as you go along :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)