PDA

View Full Version : Logo?

Kirsty B's
24-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Hiya hope you are all well.
Just wondering have you given a name to your childminding business and if so did you make up a logo to go on your business cards, websites etc?

xxxx

loocyloo
24-06-2011, 09:19 PM
i don't have a business name, i just use my own !!! LOL!

but i do have a logo. a little girl i used to nanny for drew a picture of me, and i kept it. when i started childminding i was looking for a picture or something and DH found it and decided to use it!

i use it on everything, but i also use the glittery goo hands that are on my forum posts and some painted handprints by mindees that i kept & scanned in!

Babycat
24-06-2011, 11:44 PM
my logo is sun moon and stars that i designed myself- no idea why other than i drew it all the time growing up! unfinished but, www.childcareprofessionals.co.uk is mine!

Faye1980
25-06-2011, 12:41 AM
yea i use Angel tot's LOL:littleangel: and my logo is some kids hand prints, i use it on all my invoices etc and advertising :blush:

Jiorjiina
25-06-2011, 12:55 AM
i use it on all my invoices etc and advertising :blush:

Don't be embarrassed about it, it's what every other company does! It makes good business sense!

I'm working on one, but I think I'm going for more of a text based logo so I can get it embroidered on stuff as well.

I have a business name, for very practical reasons that I have already mentioned elsewhere (i.e childcare databases produce alphabetically listed search results).

Penny1959
25-06-2011, 03:33 AM
I have given my buisness a name and I have a logo which is made from shapes and clip art.

If interested you can see the logo my website www.*********************

Penny :)

Twinkle-Toes
25-06-2011, 07:20 AM
I decided on 'Kates JellyBeanz'.....not sure why because having random spellings of words is a pet hate!!

I also designed a logo, just 5 jelly bean shapes in a circle in bright colours :thumbsup:

love381
25-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Do you think you have to be careful what clipart you use in your logo? x

samb
25-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes you have to make sure you stick to any copy right rules - I have a name as "Little Foundations" and have got a lego bricks picture as my logo - I bought this and have the right to use it - cost me under £1. I use it on my letterhead, business cards, posters and forms. I have a quote underneath too that says "building foundations through care". I wanted to capture my thoughts in my logo and name. Hope I have. So far parents have liked it.

love381
25-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Yes you have to make sure you stick to any copy right rules - I have a name as "Little Foundations" and have got a lego bricks picture as my logo - I bought this and have the right to use it - cost me under £1. How/where did you buy it?I use it on my letterhead, business cards, posters and forms. I have a quote underneath too that says "building foundations through care". I wanted to capture my thoughts in my logo and name. Hope I have. So far parents have liked it.

Confused a little, but it don't take much to confuse me at the mo! x

love381
25-06-2011, 04:58 PM
What about getting my son to draw one for me? x

samb
26-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Ah sorry to confuse! I was just looking on the internet for a pic that would be "the one" - I tried taking some photos and the colours were not right/too much light etc. I found one on a site where people can sell their photos and art work. many clip art does not have to be bought - please don't panic! I just could not have used the one I wanted without purchasing it. I have a friend who is a graphic designer and she already had an account with them. You will know if you need to buy it as you will not be able to copy or download. Hope that helps.

Kirsty B's
26-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Thank you all so much for the replies!
I have thought of a name and have been trying to make up a logo but I am rubbish at drawing etc, I have tried using Paint and adobe illustrator and I just can't get it.

Your websites are all wonderful, can I be really cheeky and ask how you went about starting them? I realy have no clue!!

xxx

Louise317
27-06-2011, 12:24 AM
I called my business Louise Little Peeps... I created my own logo to. I wanted something that looked like a child had drawn it and so I used Paint. Wasn't as easy as I thought but got there in the end :)

mines my avatar :)

With my website I used moonfruit... you can pick from templates but I wanted to give it a go, not too bad a little work still here and there...
www.louiseslittlepeeps.moonfruit.com

x

Jiorjiina
27-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Ah sorry to confuse! I was just looking on the internet for a pic that would be "the one" - I tried taking some photos and the colours were not right/too much light etc. I found one on a site where people can sell their photos and art work. many clip art does not have to be bought - please don't panic! I just could not have used the one I wanted without purchasing it. I have a friend who is a graphic designer and she already had an account with them. You will know if you need to buy it as you will not be able to copy or download. Hope that helps.

Could you put the link somewhere here please, that sounds really good!

Your websites are all wonderful, can I be really cheeky and ask how you went about starting them? I realy have no clue!!

Pauline who runs these forums makes websites for childminders if you don't want to make one yourself.

Personally, I used webs.com (http://www.webs.com) (I just liked the templates better, although you do see quite a few identical ones around!). You choose a template, and then you type your text in, and add any other pages/apps (like photos, etc.) you want, then you publish it to the internet and off you go.

The free version will have adverts at the top, and you have no control over what they are, but they go away if you pay for your hosting. It's about £6 a month, which I find very reasonable for what is basically permanent advertising. You also get some google and facebook ad credits with it to help you advertise better through web searches.

I would consider getting a website, since I know a lot of people (including me) will research things on the internet before making any decisions. You can also link it to your FIS profile, and any other's you have (like childcare.co.uk) so people will have some idea of what you provide.

Ant_h18
27-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Our is Little Butterfly Childminding and logo is here http://www.facebook.com/littlebutterflychildminding

samb
28-06-2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.dreamstime.com/ I think it was off here - or something similar anyway. Just a site with nice pics really! Lol nothing amazing - just couldn't use these photos without buying them - my friend has an account already so just took off a credit from her and I gave her the cash - I think she said buying in bulk was cheaper so this was best way for me. She then has taken bits from it so it is used in different ways on my stationary

Jiorjiina
28-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I've been looking for somewhere like that, thanks for the link!