PDA

View Full Version : variation (confused)

babymad
24-06-2011, 04:59 PM
hello.

ofsted have emailed a form to fill in for my variation that im after :) but im a bit confused.

in the grid bit that asks how many children i will be caring for do i include my own? (ive got a 9 week old baby boy who will be added to my numbers when they send my new certificate but do i need to mention this on the form?)

it asks what days and am or pm but doesnt give the option for saturday and sunday??

the hours the parents are looking for are 2pm till 11pm, (sometimes midnight) every friday sat and sun, and the children will be 9 months and 16 months by the time they come to me. it will never go over midnight so i dont need to register for overnight, right??

one other thing, if i did register for overnight i dont think i would be granted this because i live in a small flat and our baby is in with us anyway so wouldnt really have the room and i wouldnt want to leave a sleeping baby in the other room over night even with a monitor, i dunno i would just be nervous about that.

thank in advance i hope someone can help me.

Kate xx

babymad
24-06-2011, 05:08 PM
sorry me again :) forgot to ask one other thing, can i register my hubby as my assistant but not leave him alone with kidies so he wouldnt need first aid training ect, or is this not possible? its just that he will be here at weekends so could help me push a pushchair or feed a child :rolleyes:

babymad
24-06-2011, 06:16 PM
anyone? plenty of views but no one can help me :)

love381
24-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I have registered my husband as my assistant and never leave him alone etc. He didn't have first aid in the beginning, but has now - by chance really.

As for the variation, I'm sure you've got to put your own children on and that would be all your own children. When I filled mine in, I'm not quite sure what I did about the weekend, but mentioned it in a notes section somewhere I think (was a while back). Why not fill in as much as you can and add some details in a notes section with regards to anything else. x

marnieb
24-06-2011, 06:23 PM
I might be wrong, but I dont think you'll get overnight unless you have a separate room for the child - I only have a 2 bed and I'm sure that's what I was told!!!

As for the variation - when i did mine I inlcuded my own 2 (i'm sure it has a box to tick if it's your own child), and I obvioulsy incorporated them into my daily routine.

And yes, I'd include how the 9 week old will fit in routine as well.

hth!!!!

charleyfarley
24-06-2011, 06:23 PM
When I filled in my variation recently I had 2 grids. I for the hours and children I have now and one for the children/hours I wanted the variation for.

Carol xx

babymad
24-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I have registered my husband as my assistant and never leave him alone etc. He didn't have first aid in the beginning, but has now - by chance really.

As for the variation, I'm sure you've got to put your own children on and that would be all your own children. When I filled mine in, I'm not quite sure what I did about the weekend, but mentioned it in a notes section somewhere I think (was a while back). Why not fill in as much as you can and add some details in a notes section with regards to anything else. x

thank you xx so did your hubby have to do any courses or did he just fill a form in? did ofsted come out and meet him? :)

babymad
24-06-2011, 06:27 PM
thank you, i will have a go at filling it in now :D

love381
24-06-2011, 06:30 PM
thank you xx so did your hubby have to do any courses or did he just fill a form in? did ofsted come out and meet him? :)

I filled in a form (another one, different to the variation one) and somebody called me from OFSTED to confirm a few things and that was it - no courses, no training, no visit - just waited on a new certificate to arrive which said when working alone can do this and that and when working with an assistant can do this and that.

x

JoThorpe
25-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Ofsted do not regulate childcare between 6pm and 2am, thus why overnight care registration is not required. Overnight care registration applies if you care for child from 2am onwards - though not clear as to when overnight ends and it becomes the usual childminder registration.

love381
25-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Ofsted do not regulate childcare between 6pm and 2am, thus why overnight care registration is not required. Overnight care registration applies if you care for child from 2am onwards - though not clear as to when overnight ends and it becomes the usual childminder registration.

Would normal registration begin when the childminder opens her business as usual?! x

JoThorpe
25-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Would normal registration begin when the childminder opens her business as usual?! x

I suppose it would, though would you be letting the regulator know every time you changed your opening hours? You probably wouldn't, especially if it was just a change from say 8am to 7.30am starting time.

Anyone know what hours exactly are considered to be Overnight by Ofsted? 2am I know is the start time, as that's in The Childcare Act 2006 (think it's in that document, may be in one of the SIs).