PDA

View Full Version : Please help, something bugging me..

twinkletoes
01-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Firstly hello, have tonight stumbled across this site and hoping I can refer to here as needed from now.

I have something that is really bothering me and hoping someone can help me.

Basically I received my certificate to commence work in Jan 08. At that time my daughter was 10 mths. Accordingly my certificate stated I couldn't care for any under 1. I had an enquiry to commence in March, a week after my daughter's 1st birthday, for a child who would be 8 mths. I accordingly wrote to Ofsted asking for a variation. Received the letter back saying that it would be adjusted, and that is as much as I took in. Commenced work and I now think I was wrong to start as I didn't receive the certificate until 1 week after I commenced caring for the child. In hindsight and having now looked properly at the documents, realise now that that was the wrong thing to do as I had to wait for the certificate to be to hand, not just the letter. I am now petrified what Ofsted might say to me. :( Do they need to know. Will an inspector check my contracts. I need some kind words of advice please
Thanks in advance

Lou
01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Seems like an honest mistake to me.

And no Ofsted dont look at your contracts in detail as that is all on the business side.

I might be in the wrrong here, but i would just forget about it and put it down to experience.

berkschick
01-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I agree with Lou.

Welcome to the forum

crazybones
01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I agree with Lou. Your daughter had already turned one by the time you took on the other child, so you didnt do anything wrong.

Blaze
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
As above! Just don't go specifically pointing it out on your inspection...if it crops up say you were advised that it was fine to go ahead via there help line;)

wendywu
01-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Dont worry too much it was a honest mistake you had the OK and it was just a week. Ofsted make errors all the time, i have asked for a variation for the morning before and they sent it through for the afternoon. I was the same as you just looked at the paperwork and saw the OK and did not read the rest until my new certificate came through. They said it was their mistake and sorry.

I have never had an inspector check birth dates and start dates on my contracts that closely. Im sure it will be fine.:)

sarah707
02-05-2008, 06:48 AM
As everyone else says, I'm sure it's fine! You had permission ... and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I just wanted to welcome you and say don't forget to pop into say hello and introduce yourself! :D

mum22
02-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi

I wouldnt spend any more time worrying, as was mentioned dont flag it up in an inspection but they dont have time to cross check every little detail. Next time you have a variance ask them to email you either a copy or confirmation that it is ok for you to change whilst waiting for your hard copy. They were more than happy to do this for me.

x Helen

angeldelight
02-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Hope you have stopped worrying about it now

Come and say hello to everyone

Angel xx