PDA

View Full Version : Childcare.co.uk-is it normal for parents not to even read messages sent?

Pixie dust
24-06-2011, 10:29 AM
As title says, last week I sent messages to three different parents all looking for childcare very close to me (all of them where new to the site) but it is saying that the messages have not been opened, I have never had an issue with this before as parents have always read the message. Is it quite common for parents to do this?

kells_bells
24-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I sent 5 msgs on there last month 4 have still not been opened :rolleyes: Xx

marnieb
24-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Sad to say this is totally normal!!! In the past month I've sent about a dozen messages, only 2 have been opened.

I've found I actually stand a chance of getting a reply if they put their e-mail address on there, and I send them an e-mail direct.

Blue Boy
24-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Sad to say this is totally normal!!! In the past month I've sent about a dozen messages, only 2 have been opened.

I've found I actually stand a chance of getting a reply if they put their e-mail address on there, and I send them an e-mail direct.

Playmate & I have had the same problem. We now email them if they have given their details. Much better result:thumbsup:

sezzle
24-06-2011, 01:08 PM
I contact them via the site and if its not read within a couple of days I copy and paste to their email address. I run the risk of looking like a stalker though :eek:

love381
24-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I've had parents say they didn't know they had a message or didn't know how to read the message!!! Some people!! x

Susana0600
24-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Yep, same here, for last couple of months I have sent every parent close to me, and most of them did not even open the message, I will try to send straight away to their e-mail address, hope this works better as I really need mindees :)

carolyn01
24-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi, I had a lady contact me through yell.com who saw me on childcare.co.uk but she said she had to pay I think to receive messages?????:panic:

Pixie dust
24-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks everyone will try direct e-mails in the future.

Richard
24-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi, I had a lady contact me through yell.com who saw me on childcare.co.uk but she said she had to pay I think to receive messages?????:panic:

It's completely free to read and reply to a message a parent has received.

Zoomie
24-06-2011, 06:38 PM
sorry, i've never noticed when a parent has put their email address.

Can someone direct me where i would find it, please :)

cupcake22
24-06-2011, 06:50 PM
If you look at their profile it will be on there.

cupcake22

loocyloo
24-06-2011, 09:14 PM
i've had alot of parents not read a message, most that do, don't even bother to reply. i have emailed a few and guess what ... not one of those has got back to me either!

people are rude.

Faye1980
25-06-2011, 12:58 AM

I wanted to message potential clients on childcare.co.uk and had to upgrade by paying £20, this was 3 days ago. I think if someone messages you ie a parent, you can answer them for free.

I was lucky, back in march after just registering i obtained my current mindee's through the website all 3 of them LOL :clapping:

sandy64
25-06-2011, 12:13 PM
ive found that too seem silly to look for childcare then not evan check messages if they have a mobile i text thats worked really well and it was someone from the forum which sugested it so thanks:)

rose hol
25-06-2011, 01:01 PM
I saw a potential mummy's advert last week in my area. I sent her a message, which she didnt open. I was gutted, as it ties in perfect with school drop off. Luckly for me, she went into school for help on finding a childminder, and they passed me on. She rang me later that day, and we had a good chat. She was under the impression you had to pay the membership to read messages, so didnt go back on the site. Maybe the messege sent to their e-mail should state they can still read the message if they are not a member. She is coming to see me on Monday. Phew!!:jump for joy:

Richard
25-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I saw a potential mummy's advert last week in my area. I sent her a message, which she didnt open. I was gutted, as it ties in perfect with school drop off. Luckly for me, she went into school for help on finding a childminder, and they passed me on. She rang me later that day, and we had a good chat. She was under the impression you had to pay the membership to read messages, so didnt go back on the site. Maybe the messege sent to their e-mail should state they can still read the message if they are not a member. She is coming to see me on Monday. Phew!!:jump for joy:

We do state in the new message notification email alerts that it is free to read and reply to a message.

hayley.hayely
25-06-2011, 05:49 PM
ive just set up my profile on there, but is it worth paying the extra to become a gold member? just wondered howw many of you had paid and if it got you much more work or interest?

lorimac
25-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I didn't know that you could tell if the message hadn't been opened, Thanx, i'll check it out.... erm.. how can you tell?

caz3007
25-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I didn't know that you could tell if the message hadn't been opened, Thanx, i'll check it out.... erm.. how can you tell?

If you look in your sent messages box, the little envelope alongside their name is either open or closed depending if they have read or not. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

muffins
25-06-2011, 08:07 PM

If you look in your sent messages box you can tell from the envelope next to the message!

lorimac
25-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Doh! i'm so thick, that is so obvious and can't believe I asked such a thick question! he he!

acorns
25-06-2011, 08:25 PM
ive found that too seem silly to look for childcare then not evan check messages if they have a mobile i text thats worked really well and it was someone from the forum which sugested it so thanks:)

Think that was me :D Alas it has not worked since, although I do seem to at least get a 'not interested' text back. I also send a message if text has not been replied to, but am worried about appearing like i'm stalking them. One of the major problems of this site though is that the distances on there are way incorrect, apparently a road around the corner which taken 5mins to walk to is over 4 miles away:rolleyes:

lorimac
25-06-2011, 08:29 PM
I've mentioned before that the distances are way out....they replied and said they used royal mail distance checker.... think they should change to google maps....

marnieb
26-06-2011, 06:41 AM
I agree about the distances thing - according to them there's loads of parents under 1.5 miles from, erm , no they're not it's a 10/15 min car journey up a major road !!!! ???