PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

phoebe-alice
24-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Can you lovely people give me some ideas of what to write in a letter asking to change hours from contracted hours (as they are really not working and not being stuck to) to minimum amount of hours payable and any additional hours added on top? Just as contract renewal is only a few days away so must get it sorted. I can't think what to put and how to explain it so any advice would be great. hen just need the confidence to give it to them later. Ahhh I hate the business side of things. :panic:

Goatgirl
24-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi :),
I would just keep it simple and to the point:

"Because of difficulties with the current arrangement there will be a change to the way I charge for your contracted hours. As of the ?/?/? the following fees and charges will apply to your contract.

Minimum hours of ?/day (?/week) will be ?. These will be charged at the rate of £?.

Hours over the agreed minimum will be charged at £?" etc... make sure you cover all the things that are bothering you at once, and also inform them verbally of the change as you hand over the letter.

Hope this helps :)

best wishes,
Wendy :)

miffy
24-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I would talk to them not put it in a letter - you'll be able to explain it more easily and hopefully get it sorted there and then. You can always confirm what was said in writing later

Miffy xx

phoebe-alice
24-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I would talk to them not put it in a letter - you'll be able to explain it more easily and hopefully get it sorted there and then. You can always confirm what was said in writing later

Miffy xx

Yeah I would do that but have an extreme fear of talking about that side of things. :( Don't know if its just the family or just discussing money in general, I hate it makes me feel physically ill. Fingers crossed my mum will be here though to help me explain as its been a tough few weeks and I could break down at most things to be honest. I wonder if I'm in the wrong job sometimes if I can't even discuss money without phycing myself up weeks before. But going to try my best to explain my intentions before handing over the letter, poor fiance is getting the worst of it at the moment.

Penny1959
24-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Hello Phoebe
Maybe you could mention to them that you arte going to be making some changes when renew contracts and will be introducing a min fee for set number of hours - so doing the personal bit - then give them a prepared sheet with the details to take home - saying as a change to current contract you thought it best if they had it in writing so have time to read and absorb. Then when you meet to renew contracts you they will already know the facts.

Penny :)

love381
24-06-2011, 06:15 PM
My friend hates talking about that side of things, business and money etc. She makes a list with bullet points for herself including two at the bottom of the list - one that says anything the parent/carer wants to add/discuss and one that says anything else that is important. This means that she doesn't have to give out an official letter or anything, but she still looks professional and covers everything she needs to. x