PDA

View Full Version : Record keeping when out of EYFS

Popseyward
23-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help. At the moment my mindee is 1 so I know what I am doing in terms of paperwork e.g. daily diary, learning journal etc. I am getting some new mindees - an 8 year old schoolie and sometimes in holiday, her sister who is 4 but starting school and another the same age but only in the holidays. What paperwork do I need for them? I was going to get an A4 file for each and put their contracts, permission forms, invoices, accident forms etc but I was unsure if I needed to do a learning journal for them, with planning, what activities they have done etc.

Sorry for waffling but hope it makes a bit of sense.

Thanks

sarah707
23-06-2011, 05:35 PM
You need to follow the Eyfs with all children until they start year 1 ... so through their reception year at school.

You are not going to be expected to write the same volume of information as you do for a younger child because you don't see the schoolie as often...

I give older children ownership of their learning journeys and they do most of it themselves :D

Popseyward
23-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks Sarah for replying. So for the 8 year old do I not have anything, just the folder with contracts, permissions etc in? Think I will have to get another couple of binders for the two rising 5s for their learning journals!! Do I just need to try and share info with the school and do a couple of obs a month?

lulubelle
23-06-2011, 08:25 PM
hehe i was asking pretty much the same thing yesterday!