PDA

View Full Version : another mileage question

It's a small world
23-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi

I take 2 mindees to school (same school as ds) I would happily walk but for the fact that another mindee doesnt arrive until 8.40 so not enough time to walk as can take upto 30-40 mins on a good run. So I claim for the one way trip - sure Ive posted this before and been told its ok. However I have just taken on a new baby mindee and mum drops lo off at school can I now claim for a return journey?

sarah707
23-06-2011, 05:36 PM
I would think so but I'd ask the tax office just to be sure. :D

It's a small world
23-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I would think so but I'd ask the tax office just to be sure. :D

Thanks Sarah will do. x

rickysmiths
23-06-2011, 06:01 PM
If you are leaving home and returning with or without the mindees you can claim the double journey. Its not reasonable to expect you to sit at school all day!! But you do need to get home.

It's a small world
23-06-2011, 06:46 PM
If you are leaving home and returning with or without the mindees you can claim the double journey. Its not reasonable to expect you to sit at school all day!! But you do need to get home.

So should I have claimed return journey for school runs even though I didnt have school children with me (3 days a week do have another mindee with me) 2 my own ds but now 4 days a week will have a mindee with me on return ??

This would be good as havent done tax return yet and need to get figures down :blush:

rickysmiths
23-06-2011, 07:01 PM
So should I have claimed return journey for school runs even though I didnt have school children with me (3 days a week do have another mindee with me) 2 my own ds but now 4 days a week will have a mindee with me on return ??

This would be good as havent done tax return yet and need to get figures down :blush:

Yes I would and have in the past, you went to the school to drop off the mindee and part of the trip is getting home again.

Its like going to school in the afternoon to pick up you include the journey from home because you kinda got to get there?!

It's a small world
23-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes I would and have in the past, you went to the school to drop off the mindee and part of the trip is getting home again.

Its like going to school in the afternoon to pick up you include the journey from home because you kinda got to get there?!

Thanks Rickysmiths xx

Chatterbox Childcare
23-06-2011, 10:07 PM
This is one question that I asked the tax lady on our course on Tuesday. She is checking it out and coming back to me.

Will keep you updated when I know