PDA

View Full Version : SEF

handeme
23-06-2011, 06:46 AM
I went to a local childminders forum last night and one of the c/m there has just had her inspection.

Anyway she was told by the inspector that they are doing away with the SEF and shortly you will not be able to access the SEF online.

The same c/m spoke to the head teacher at our local school who too confirmed that they have been told from the 22/8 there will be no more SEF.

Our local co-ordinator has contacted Ofsted who have given her a very wooly answer, so we are still non the wiser !!

Do any of you know anything.

c x

sarah707
23-06-2011, 07:14 AM
The requirement for a SEF for schools is changing... I haven't heard about childminder SEFs.

However there are so many rumours and counter rumours flying around at the moment that nobody really knows what is going to happen.

I'd wait and see if I were you... :D

snufflepuff
23-06-2011, 08:15 AM
I hope that's true!

JCrakers
23-06-2011, 11:15 AM
:panic: I'd rather do an SEF if it means Mrs O stays less time...I'd rather have an 1.5hr visit over a 4hr one.

becky x

appleblossom
23-06-2011, 11:21 AM
My inspection is due next spring. I wasn't going to do the SEF in any case. My last inspector didn't even look at it after I spent hours on it. so if it goes it won't make any difference to me.