PDA

View Full Version : making my house safe

Babycat
22-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Just thought Id come for a wee chat! All afternoon/ evening Ive been drilling holes and screwing on cupboard/ door locks/ hooks etc -still not done! After the 2nd one though I used tape right over top of lock part one to the front of the cupboard and this got the allignment right for the other part! unfortunately my hormones are such that I still have carpel tunnel and SCREWS with that arrghhh lol feel like a toddler!

And now.. Ive locked myself out all my cupboards and have to get a knife to open them.. going to annoy the OH like MAD! whoops!

A few more things to do this evening before Im finished, but might leave the stair gates until later! This is rather fun :) What are you all doing?

anncs
22-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Lol, my kitchen is a bit like that 2. Its amazing how quickly you get used to them though :)

miffy
22-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Errr - I've been out to get a spray tan and have my nails done! :laughing:

Nothing work related at all!

Miffy xx

sarah707
22-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I have been working on a 'suitable person' form for a nursery manager :laughing:

I have a headache now :rolleyes:

Oh and I did some geography homework on rivers earlier as well... fascinating stuff :D

rickysmiths
22-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Ouch! I must say I have not got one cupboard lock on any of my cupboards or drawers in my kitchen! I had my first ever new kitchen last year and I vowed no locks :panic: I have Risk Assessed everything, I'm lucky enough to have a seperate Utility Room where all the potentially dodgy stuff is and its in high cupboards and I have an alarm on the door which dh fitted, it has self adhesive pads so no drilling. :thumbsup:

The children are never alone in the kitchen anyway.

Babycat
23-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Ouch! I must say I have not got one cupboard lock on any of my cupboards or drawers in my kitchen! I had my first ever new kitchen last year and I vowed no locks :panic: I have Risk Assessed everything, I'm lucky enough to have a seperate Utility Room where all the potentially dodgy stuff is and its in high cupboards and I have an alarm on the door which dh fitted, it has self adhesive pads so no drilling. :thumbsup:

The children are never alone in the kitchen anyway.

I know I was almost crying! I just went ahead and drilled my brand new cupboards!! figured when they are off (if it doesnt work out) I will polyfiller holes and colour with the furniture touch up pens.. sadeness..

Love the posts..! @anncs its shocking how many times I keep trying to stick my hand in when I know it wont open that way!! @ miffy, what you get done? @sarah, yuk paperwork! but what are you learning about rivers- what one is in Glasgow?.. just testing ;-)

singingcactus
23-06-2011, 06:01 AM
haha, I recently had my teenage son fit a cupboard lock to a cupboard. His face was brilliant when he tried to open it to check, and couldn't, not even with a knife. We had to pull on the door till the lock smashed open hehe.

I don't have any in my current house, and even the one I had in the last house was only for ofsted, not for the kids!

Hope your hands/wrists are recovering a little today. And tell your hubby you need an electric drill/screwdriver!

Last night I was playing world of warcraft, levelling my worgen warrior. He's nearly full grown now - only half a level to go and I can start doing instances with him :thumbsup: