PDA

View Full Version : would OFSTED allow this?

babymad
22-06-2011, 01:02 PM
hi everyone :)
its been so long since ive been on here ive had to re registar as id forgoten all my details to log in!!!
anyway just wanted to know if i would be allowed this... i have a 9 week old of my own, ive had an enquiry to look after a 7 month old and a 15 month old (different family but they are friends so the children know each other). my resitration states i can look after no more than 2 under 5 and of that no more than 1 can be under a year old, this doesnt include my baby as ive only just told ofsted about her :eek: but i have been on maternity leave and dont have any children on my books at all. am i making sense? dont want to apply for a variation for them say im mad and would never manage. btw it would only be 3 days a week for around 10 hours a day

i have 3 other school aged children aged 14,7 and 6 :)

rickysmiths
22-06-2011, 01:08 PM
It is unlikely that Ofsted would grant a Variation for New Business and your baby is now taking up your under one space. You can have 2 over one though.

Goatgirl
22-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi :),
You would need to ask for a variation to allow you to care for 2 under ones... why does it say 2 under 5? its usually 3: was your 6 year old under 5 when your certificate was issued?

I'd apply for a variation giving them all the details of how you will meet the needs of all 3; think hard about transport, meal times, feeding, going to the loo, sleeping arrangements etc. It does sound like alot of hard work and possibly a big outlay for a triple buggy!!

Good luck :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

FussyElmo
22-06-2011, 01:15 PM
hi everyone :)
its been so long since ive been on here ive had to re registar as id forgoten all my details to log in!!!
anyway just wanted to know if i would be allowed this... i have a 9 week old of my own, ive had an enquiry to look after a 7 month old and a 15 month old (different family but they are friends so the children know each other). my resitration states i can look after no more than 2 under 5 and of that no more than 1 can be under a year old, this doesnt include my baby as ive only just told ofsted about her :eek: but i have been on maternity leave and dont have any children on my books at all. am i making sense? dont want to apply for a variation for them say im mad and would never manage. btw it would only be 3 days a week for around 10 hours a day

i have 3 other school aged children aged 14,7 and 6 :)

Ofsted will amend your cerficate to say that none of the children can be under 1 due to the fact you have had a baby yourself.

Does your cerficate say now that you can only have 2 children under 5 so yes now you have informed ofsted of your new arrival it will reduce to one child under 5.

Ofsted dont tend to give variations out for new business and the fact the children are known to each other doesnt really count for continuity of care only siblings.

But what will you lose by asking :)

babymad
22-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi :),
You would need to ask for a variation to allow you to care for 2 under ones... why does it say 2 under 5? its usually 3: was your 6 year old under 5 when your certificate was issued?

I'd apply for a variation giving them all the details of how you will meet the needs of all 3; think hard about transport, meal times, feeding, going to the loo, sleeping arrangements etc. It does sound like alot of hard work and possibly a big outlay for a triple buggy!!

Good luck :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

yes sorry, that should be 3. my little girl was 4 at the time of registration. it does seem like hard work doesnt it.
i need to think about this some more, ive got a triple buggy as someone gave me one, ive also got a double with a buggy board.
forgot to say, my hubby only works part time and would be free to help me with our baby on the days i would be minding.

babymad
22-06-2011, 01:23 PM
ive been minding for 2 years, just took maternity leave for 3 months :)

FussyElmo
22-06-2011, 01:44 PM
So you can take the children on just a matter of ofsted agreeing to you having 2 under 1's.

You will have to show ofsted how you will manage, the right equipment etc emergency procedure etc.

What the worse they can say no - but at least you would have tried :thumbsup:

miffy
22-06-2011, 01:53 PM
It is unlikely that Ofsted would grant a Variation for New Business and your baby is now taking up your under one space. You can have 2 over one though.

Asking for permission to look after 2 under 1's is not the same as asking for an ordinary variation - babymad doesn't need to increase her numbers - she has the space just not in the right age bracket - Ofsted view this request differently so the "not for new business" thing doesn't come into it.

Fussyelmo is right you need to show how you will cope with the children - do you have sufficient cots/highchairs/car seats etc. Make your submission to Ofsted as detailed as possible.

Good luck

Miffy xx

babymad
22-06-2011, 02:46 PM
thank you every one, i have just called OFSTED and they are sending me a variation form to filll in. sorry for being thick but what does 'not for new business' mean? never heard of that before :)

thanks again

blue bear
22-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I would apply for an extra under 1 place, you need to get a wriggle on telling them about your new arrival - congratulations by the way- you ate an experienced minder so can't see why they would not grant it, I had it granted for new business

sandy64
22-06-2011, 03:16 PM
i would say if you dont ask you never no so go for it put as much details as pos evan the fact that your hubby will be with you you could add him as an assistant that way there shouldnt be a problem good luck and congrratulation on your baby:) welcome back

babymad
22-06-2011, 03:18 PM
I would apply for an extra under 1 place, you need to get a wriggle on telling them about your new arrival - congratulations by the way- you ate an experienced minder so can't see why they would not grant it, I had it granted for new business

thank you :)
i called ofsted and they are sending me a variation form, i also told him about my new baby, my new name (as ive got married), my new phone number, my eldest turning 16, and my new email address :eek: :eek: he laughed and said that as i had just had a baby he would let me off this time but i really should have let them know sooner" hehehe!!! ooppss :laughing: