PDA

View Full Version : Ayisha

ayesha athar
22-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone .I am a new member:) I found this website the best site with really Nice people who help each other.I have a problem :( I was minding a child and our contract would be ending on 8th July but this morning I received a message from the parent that she is not coming any more :panic: I have said 'No' to a couple of parents just for that child.Please advice me what should I do now??????

little chickee
22-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi.

I'm not sure theres much you can do i afraid.

Just make sure they know that they still have to pay up until 8th July regardless of wheter the child attends or not.

blue bear
22-06-2011, 12:15 PM
What does it say in your contract, mine says 4 weeks notice required or 4 weeks fees, in my case i would write a letter saying thank you for your notice and as stated in contract 4 weeks notice is required or 4 weeks fees if child not coming any more, enclose an invoicecwith a date to be paid by .

Write a letter don't text.

The Juggler
22-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I agree. send a letter acknowledging that they don't wish to send their child anymore but reminding them that payment is due in full for the remainder of the notice period.

Did you keep the numbers of any of the other parents. Phone them back hon. Also get yourself on netmums and childcare.co.uk and message any parents who are looking.

Good luck :)

ayesha athar
23-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks very much you all are really nice and supportive people.I shall write a letter or email but what if she would still not pay:( As she said she will not pay me for the unattended days:( :panic:

The Juggler
23-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks very much you all are really nice and supportive people.I shall write a letter or email but what if she would still not pay:( As she said she will not pay me for the unattended days:( :panic:

then you would need to speak to your insurance company hon, either morton michel or NCMA with regards to chasing the unpaid fees.