PDA

View Full Version : smoke alarms??

sarah sunflower
22-06-2011, 09:26 AM
This is probably a very silly question but just updating my risk assessments and been thinking about smoke alarms.

i have one on each level of the house and test them regularly but where do you note that you have tested them??
I've just done a quick table in word for it but unsure whether its needed and where it should be stored if it is needed?!

Also fire drills!? how often do we need to do them and do we just note the date down or do we fill a form in and file that away somewhere!?

thanks in advance!

S x

Happy Bunny
22-06-2011, 09:58 AM
I have a daily risk assessment chart, I just write down on there when I have checked smoke alarms and done fire drills, fridge temp.

AliceK
22-06-2011, 10:08 AM
I don't write down when I test mine :blush: . I test them weekly but I always know my hallway one works as it gets set off all the time when I'm cooking :rolleyes:

xxxx

Happy Bunny
22-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't write down when I test mine :blush: . I test them weekly but I always know my hallway one works as it gets set off all the time when I'm cooking :rolleyes:

xxxx

LOL LOL LOL
Mine was working fine last night as my daughter was cooking

AliceK
22-06-2011, 10:28 AM
LOL LOL LOL
Mine was working fine last night as my daughter was cooking

It's not my cooking honest :blush: . My oven needs a bit of a clean I think something has burnt onto the bottom :)

xxx

rickysmiths
22-06-2011, 01:04 PM
It is noted on my RA for the area in the house the Smoke Alarm is that they are tested evey six months. I would note on there if there was ever a problem and how it had been dealt with.

We had an extention built last year and a new kitchen so I had the Smoke Alarms and the Heat Dectector in the Kitchen all wired into the electricity.

aly
22-06-2011, 01:28 PM

xxxx
we got electric ones {put in when house built} and you only have to sneeze and they go off...!!!

madmamma
22-06-2011, 03:26 PM

xxxx

LOL me too....!

When mine goes off the children shout "Dinner's ready!" :blush:

QualityCare
22-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I have it written on my risk assessment they are checked weekly and then where l have 'further action needed' l put battery changed and date it.

sarah sunflower
30-06-2011, 06:40 PM
thanks everyone!! RA it is :)

loupo
01-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Mine beep when the batteries are dying. We have a ridiculous amount in the house, one in every room. There was a terrible event recently where a fire started in the night and a friend of mine lost her husband and son. It made me race out to buy stack-loads. I check mine every six months. When Ofsted came they were happy with my smoke alarms and the fact that I had run a drill with the children. (only started early this year)