PDA

View Full Version : idea for keeping door open ?

Louise317
22-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Sitting here and there's a breeze my conservatory door swings closed....

Best find a way to keep that open...

At the minute i'm using the hose pipe reel as its there (I have no mindees yet), In the past i've used a heavy plant pot(with plant in)

Do you use any type of door stop ? or tie the door back some how ?

Any ideas be great... then can add to hubbys list lol

xx

singlewiththree
22-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I have a hook that is screwed to the wall outside and keeps my UPVC door open. Its the same one schools have.

mumto3
22-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I have a hook that is screwed to the wall outside and keeps my UPVC door open. Its the same one schools have.

Thats what Im gonna get for mine

Louise317
22-06-2011, 09:57 AM

That's the idea I had... what do you attach to your door ?

I would have to fasten something to the garden fence and fasten something to the top of the door.

Be easier if the door opened flat back but it doesn't :(

AliceK
22-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Could you use a bungee rope thing (don't know the proper name for them) I use them to keep my garage door open when I'm in and out. Hook one end over the handle and the other over something on the fence??

xxxxx

Chimps Childminding
22-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Could you use a bungee rope thing (don't know the proper name for them) I use them to keep my garage door open when I'm in and out. Hook one end over the handle and the other over something on the fence??

xxxxx

That is what June uses. Her DH has screwed a big eyelet into the wall, tied a bungee cord to it and the hook bit of it hooks over the door handle!!

Louise317
22-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Looks like i'm sending DH out on a mission this weekend then :D

Thank you all x

rickysmiths
22-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Would something like this work. We are going to get them for our French Doors. I like them because you don't have to fix anything to the door and they are far to high for little fingers to fiddle :rolleyes:

http://www.safefrenchdoors.co.uk/

Louise317
22-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Would something like this work. We are going to get them for our French Doors. I like them because you don't have to fix anything to the door and they are far to high for little fingers to fiddle :rolleyes:

http://www.buildscotland.co.uk/company_519074.htm

What a great idea!

I do have a double door option, but conservatory is PVC...more of a reason to save up for a brick one LOL

funemnx
22-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Take one sturdy looking child and sit down in doorway with colouring book..... :laughing: :laughing:

Louise317
22-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Take one sturdy looking child and sit down in doorway with colouring book..... :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
there is that option :) x

The Juggler
22-06-2011, 09:54 PM
i use a chair;)