PDA

View Full Version : Voucher panic over!

SimplyLucy
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
:laughing: I was having a huge panic the other day as a mum kept asking me for the expiry date of my registration so she could sort out vouchers from her employer to pay me with. :panic:

Well I gave her a bill on Monday and today she brought me 2 cheques, one from herself and one from her employer.........:rolleyes:

Does anyone else get a cheque direct from a parents employer? I've not heard of it happening before, I'm sure it's ok, they must know what they are doing.

avril
01-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Sorry, I've never been paid by a parents employer.

ajs
01-05-2008, 06:25 PM
i do from one as they haven't sorted the vouchers yet
and from another who refuses to buy vouchers so pays me before he pays the mother

sarah707
01-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I get cheques from employers... I would prefer not as they are a pain to bank, but I've never had a problem with them. :D

samgeordie
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
i currently use a childminder while i work part time (looking to start my childminding in aug), my employer writes a cheque to my childminder every month with no problems. Bascially you can get up to £243 taken from your wages before its taxed to pay for childcare, its like the childcare voucher scheme except a cheque is written by the employer.

Bevbeetle
01-05-2008, 07:30 PM
i`ve just started having cheque from a parents employer (they also phoned to see if i prefered cash) no probs at all :)

SimplyLucy
01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Why are they a pain to bank Sarah? Aren't they like a normal cheque?

My cheque from the employer is for £243, must be ok then!

sarah707
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Why are they a pain to bank Sarah? Aren't they like a normal cheque?

I mean I'm a lazy s*d and it's a pain having to go and wait in a queue at the post office to bank them! :laughing:

berkschick
01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I havent heard of this before, I would of wondered too!

I post my cheques to the bank, my bank even provide me with pre-paid envelopes :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
02-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Oh know I cheques can be a pain, I get paid weekly by one family with a cheque......it's worth my while going to the bank thoughas I mind 3 siblings! :D

I like the idea of posting the cheques into the bank...........however when you live in a tiny town like I do if I'm walking to the post box I might as well go to the bank! :laughing:

Eagles4ever
03-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I get paid by voucher for two mindees and the money gets paid straight into my bank account - not had any problems so far.