PDA

View Full Version : I opened the door still in my PJs ...

pinkbutterfly
21-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I woke up at 7.30 (had a lie in ...) ... thinking it's still half an hour before any mindees arrive. My own children were still asleep so I thought 10 more minutes in bed won't hurt ... 7.35 doorbell rang ... I thought 'Early delivery from Royal Mail' ... but to my horror it was a mindee ... I've only just crawled out of bed ... PJs on, messy hair, full works ... she said 'Oh I didn't realise it was so early' .... yeah right - I thought. Cheeky.

JCrakers
21-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Were they due at 8am?

Thats really not on.. :( Cant believe the cheek of some...I wouldnt have opened the door at that time

Becky x

Mouse
21-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Oops! Perhaps it'll make parents think twice about turning up early again!

LChurch
21-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh no! Have you got a peep hole on your door. I do, saves all embarassments!

samb
21-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Oh no! What did you/they do then? It's not like you were ready to take the children was it?!

Jo Jo
21-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh Dear, :o
What did you do?, i would have made them wait until i was ready lol :eek:

kel1983
21-06-2011, 02:18 PM
omg how embarrassing for both you and the parent. Hopefully she wont be arriving too early again.

Im one of these people that has to be up an hour before I start anything so I havent been caught out before.

Ripeberry
21-06-2011, 04:20 PM
omg how embarrassing for both you and the parent. Hopefully she wont be arriving too early again.

Im one of these people that has to be up an hour before I start anything so I havent been caught out before.

Same here, get up at 6am for 7.30am mindees as I need to have time to have a quiet breakfast, feed the chickens, ducks and cats, get my own kids up, fed and dressed and ready.

miffy
21-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I woke up at 7.30 (had a lie in ...) ... thinking it's still half an hour before any mindees arrive. My own children were still asleep so I thought 10 more minutes in bed won't hurt ... 7.35 doorbell rang ... I thought 'Early delivery from Royal Mail' ... but to my horror it was a mindee ... I've only just crawled out of bed ... PJs on, messy hair, full works ... she said 'Oh I didn't realise it was so early' .... yeah right - I thought. Cheeky.

What happened - did you take mindee in?

I think I would have said I wasn't ready (obviously) and told her to wait in the car.

Hope she won't do it again!

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
21-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd have made them wait until I was ready, 25 mins early is taking the micky. You know when you are that early. Its not on when people turn up like that, I get so much done in those last few mins and if I don't get that time my day doesn't start right.

If she needed to be in at work early she should have asked you if you would do an earlier start for her.

onceinabluemoon
21-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I do hope you didn't take mindee in!

I would have said ' wow, you're an eager beaver, sorry but we're not quite ready for you but I wont be long, I've just got to jump in the shower and put my face on/clothes on/washing on/dinner on/enter chore of your choice.

I work hard enough without working extra hours for free !

charleyfarley
21-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Hopefully it won't happen again :thumbsup: Oohh and don't forget to bill them for the extra time :thumbsup:

I'm also one of these people that gets up at 6.30 ready to start work at 8am. I like a bit of me time before I start.

My gates aren't unlocked till 8am though so it's tough if they arrive earlier :D

Carol xxx

LittleStar's
21-06-2011, 05:57 PM
We nearly had this the other day , mindee due at 8 but turned up at 7.40, Luckily we were up and ready for another one due at 7.30 but otherwise we wouldnt have been ready at all. Every minute counts in the morning :laughing:

We couldnt turn them away though whilst letting the others in so 20 minutes free childcare there :( Family are 2 nice to charge ... too soft I know!

pinkbutterfly
21-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I did let them in .... she (mum) looked uncomfortable ... but who cares how I felt like. I'll let her off this time but next time I'll shut the door again.
I'm a low maintenance girl ... have no face to put on because I'm perfect (read :can't be bothered) :blush: and I shower in the evening (don't ask) so it takes me 5 minutes max to get ready in the morning.

miffy
21-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Hope you'll be charging her the extra time.

Miffy xx

Happy Bunny
21-06-2011, 08:41 PM
One of my parents did this to me at 6.30am lol
I wasn't even supposed to have her children that day.

Baildon bears
21-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I've been caught in my p.js a couple of times now:blush:

linzi133
22-06-2011, 11:59 AM
At least you had PJs on :blush:

nessynoodle
22-06-2011, 01:14 PM
That happened to me too, as much like you I shower the night before and put make up on just before school run! So I get away with as much snooze time as poss! I give the kids brekky so I have it with them. Its a perk of working from home, I would never be up and hour and a half early, no thanks. One parent once turned up just before 8 when she usually only turns up sometime after 8, she has never been early since!!!