PDA

View Full Version : Getting the first mindee

noreenismail
21-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi

I'm currently looking for children to mind, I was wondering how hard is it to get that first child and approx how long does it take.

I am currently off work on Maternity leave, due to go back in October, I am desperate to get some children so I don't have to go back.

I am getting a few enquiries, but they don't follow through, I have visits booked and then they don't turn up etc. Is this all normal.

Any tips and advice welcomed.

Thanks
Noreen.

munch149
21-06-2011, 12:35 PM
this is normal. i found getting the first the hardest. partly because i couldnt afford to give up another job if there wasnt enough hours in it. i found that once the first came tho, it was easier as i was more used to the process and people visiting could see me with other minded children. i am now almost full. good luck. hopefully it shouldnt take you too long

donnamarie2
21-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi, I registered in sept 10 and got my first in october then didn't get another untill march 11.
I now have 2 before and after school term time and 1 child in holidays and have 2 spaces left as 2 are over 8.
It can take time and people not getting back to you or not turning up etc is all part of the job unfortunatly.
Just make sure you do loads of advertising and get your name out there and thats all you can do.
Good luck.

Jo Jo
21-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi
I registered in March and still have no mindees, i think it depends on were you live etc at the moment were quite quiet here, just need to keep advertising i suppose, i have a few interested for september so im keeping my fingers crossed, i just want to get started.
Jo Jo :)

jojo123
21-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I guess it depends on your area, I think I have been lucky, I registered in May and have had my first two parents who visited decide to put their children with me - one starts next month and the other in September. I've had a couple of other initial enquiries which didn't come to anything, but I'm pleased to have my first two mindees lined up relatively quickly.

noreenismail
21-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the replies, I guess I've got to keep at it and hope I get some children before I am due to go back.

Would you follow up the enquirers who do not turn up, or is that being too push/showing I'm desperate?
Noreen.

donnamarie2
22-06-2011, 11:30 AM
If people haven't turned up i usually just leave it , i have had people forget and ring to reschedule but i dont chase people ,someone else always comes along.