PDA

View Full Version : Does any CM in Scotland follow Early Years?

danasdaycare
20-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Hiya,

My officer advised that SCSWIS do not assess CM's along EYFS, although she did consider it a good idea.

Can anyone who has gone along this route (ideally in Scotland) give me advice. I have quickly reviewed the free resources as a start.

Also, is it worthwhile? May be I should wait until I undertake an accredited childcare course? :(

All help wanted

Thanks

Dana

Cammie Doodle
21-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi Dana, As a Childminder in England I have been doing EYFS since it was introduced in 2009 . We are hoping to move to Scotland (returning after being away 32 yrs) so will watch your post with interest as I worry about moving from EYFS to what ever Scotland does. I have an NVQ 3 in Early Years and Education, so hoping I can make the transition :panic:

sarah707
21-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Here is the Scottish early education website :D

http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/earlyyears/index.asp

danasdaycare
21-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Sarah, shall check it out properly.

Will keep you all updated as I go....

Dana

danasdaycare
21-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Dana, As a Childminder in England I have been doing EYFS since it was introduced in 2009 . We are hoping to move to Scotland (returning after being away 32 yrs) so will watch your post with interest as I worry about moving from EYFS to what ever Scotland does. I have an NVQ 3 in Early Years and Education, so hoping I can make the transition :panic:

You will be fine I am sure June.

Here the body has changed to SCSWIS in April, so they seem to be finding their feet still. The national care standards are available for download to guide you.

Previously, childminders have not needed to be educated, but a lot of us undertake courses as part of registration process, such as induction training, child protection and so on.

No need to panic;)

P.S. Where are you moving back to?

Dana

Cammie Doodle
29-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Sorry Dana for delay, Im from the West Coast (Troon) my family are still there, but our son has married and settled on the east coast (west lothian) so we are planning on heading that way when Hubby retires (he is a civil servant) and our plans have always been to go "back home" Where are you ?

karen m
30-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I am moving toSouth Lanarkshire in October not sure exactly where yet been spending last 2 months up and down motorway but hubby is at Cleghorn so maybe carstairs,Biggar,Carwnforth,hope i can make transaction

danasdaycare
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Oops just seen the replies.

June- I am in Edinburgh, been around west lothian and it is ok but lots of commuter type places to be honest. Hope you get a good place.

As for west coast, well that is beautiful isn't it?

I am originally from Skye and although Edinburgh has spectacular sites, nothing surpasses the Islands in my opinion:laughing:

Dana

Babycat
13-07-2011, 12:32 AM
I have been working on the curriculum
for excellence early and first stages, with adaptations of expieriences for children birth to three as we are only at guidance notes for pre-birth to three at present. Also looking at doing similar to the learning journals mentioned on here but using the getting it right for every child as a basis. Ive made quite a few things so feel free to ask about them and I also wouldnt mind sharing when they are complete.

ps. im in north lanarkshire x

shelly2012
13-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Sorry Dana for delay, Im from the West Coast (Troon) my family are still there, but our son has married and settled on the east coast (west lothian) so we are planning on heading that way when Hubby retires (he is a civil servant) and our plans have always been to go "back home" Where are you ?

:jump for joy: You will have no problems infact you will probably not need as much paperwork as from some of the post you do have to do more paperwork than us. I'm also from the west coast (Irvine) just along the beach xxx

You will be fine Good luck
Check out SCSWIS for more info