PDA

View Full Version : letter to parents confirming offer of space

lulubelle
20-06-2011, 09:15 PM
the parents i met tonight have said they def want a space but they want me to write a letter offering the space. I have never done something like this so just wondered if anyone can give me ideas what to put?
thanks

alwaysright
20-06-2011, 09:18 PM
never heard of this before so no ideas sorry but have you asked why they want it?? the contract is the offer of a place and agreement of terms

Zoomie
20-06-2011, 09:26 PM
yes, both parties signing a contract is the 'ultimate offer and acceptance' of your childcare space.

contract also protects you, whereas I think the letter would just cover / help the parents.

(oh and get some money with the contract (ie deposit / first weeks or months fees paid in advance), and then you will really know that the parents are serious.)

alwaysright
20-06-2011, 09:31 PM
just thought, they didnt ask for your reg number on the letter did they???

The Juggler
20-06-2011, 09:40 PM
if you think that they might use the letter to claim TC's you could always say in the letter,

as per our conversation, I am happy to offer a place for your child. As soon as you are able to meet again, we can confirm the contracted days and hours you need and sign a contract so that care can begin.

that way if they do try to use for TC's, TC's will see that nothing is in place regarding confirmed arrangements. :thumbsup:

Trouble
20-06-2011, 09:44 PM
just thought, they didnt ask for your reg number on the letter did they???

i thought the same thing!:eek:

Lady Haha
21-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Seems quite an odd request! If they really want a letter I would just do a quick one confirming the offer of a place, but that it is not guaranteed until contract is completed and deposit taken.

Although sounds like they want a concrete guarantee that the place is theirs so you won't give it to some one esle. You just have to tell them that if thats the case, then they need to complete a contract etc!!!!

rickysmiths
21-06-2011, 08:57 AM
No I wouldn't write a letter like this.

If they are serious, they will sign a Contract and pay a Deposit to hold the place. I take 4 weeks fees which if they don't start the Contract is non-returnable, if they do I keep it and when the Contract ends it covers the 4 weeks notice period. If you can't offer them the place when the time comes then you return the Deposit.

This then confirms the space is availble for them from a specfic date and it protects you if they walk away.

loocyloo
21-06-2011, 10:31 AM
i always send a letter confirming that i am offering a space for XYZ days and ABC hours, at a cost of £KLM.

Dear ....,
Thank you for coming to visit me, and for asking me to join you in the adventure of caring for xxxx.
I would be delighted to offer you a space, commencing date. Please fill in and return the attached form, along with the deposit, and I shall be in touch to arrange a time to complete contracts and paperwork, and to arrange some trial sessions.
I look forward to meeting up with you again soon,

Kind Regards

i usually fill in the days/hours etc

ACCEPTANCE OF SPACE

I accept the offer of a term time/ full time space for ………………………………………..... ......................…
Days …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
Hours …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
Fees ................................................

Date care to start …………………………………………

Childs date of birth …………………………………………

Parents names ..………………………………………… ……..

Address …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦

Phone number ..………………………………………… ……..
Email address ..………………………………………… ……..

Childminder
Address
Phone number
Email address
Signed …..……………………………………… …
Date ..………………………………………… …

£100.00 deposit to be paid. This will be refunded in the last months invoice.

grindal
21-06-2011, 10:48 AM
I wrote a letter for a parent who wanted the space that became available when my son started primary school.

At the time the child in question had not been born, and there was no space available anyway, so a contract was not apporpriate. I just confirmed a space would be available and they would need to contact me at a certain time to finalise arrangements and sign a contract.

Not everyone is out to defraud tax credits :panic: