PDA

View Full Version : Childminders working together

munch149
20-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Want to work with someone as want the company but don't wanna go down the route of employing someone. Is it done just to have another childminder work in your home alongside you with there own clients bit working together on planning and activities. I would want to charge them for the childrens food and a little towards bills but there earning potential would be separate and based on the children they could get. I would want them to do the icp and be first aid trained to support me better. Is this something other childminders would consider and how do you go about finding someone. And what If after a couple of weeks you find you can't get on with the person. Would have preferred to have done this with someone I knew but don't know anyone who will leave a job for the inguarantees income.

Andrea08
20-06-2011, 08:47 PM
hi,

there is 3 of us and we work from our own setting ...families arrive at my home by 9am and then off in the car to...

and thats when the 3 of us meet up every morning from about 9.30 till about 2pm and we take turns with the food and we do planning and activities together and its gr8

we go bk to our own settings around 2pm and get ready for our own school runs

this works because of a lot of reasons we are sickness & holdiday cover, parents also get chance to meet with each of us,

we dont argue about money and take turns with food each with our own day the other days we eat out in children's centre or at soft play,

it works for us and we live at different parts of town so no fighting for work/families and we pass on work if we are full etc,

this way we all have our own books and claim our own expences for our home setting...

have a think b4 you rush in having some one at yours all the time kk
xx

suzyblue
21-06-2011, 06:49 AM
I worked with another childminder for years and it worked well, although I knew her first and we decided to work together as we got on well. We split the earnings down the middle and the costs, then she paid me 'rent' for working from my house.

Give it a go, it could work really well :thumbsup:

kel1983
21-06-2011, 07:55 AM
I became a registered childminder at the sam time as my mum. We did all the courses together and are registered in the same house (I live with my parents) I started minding straight away where as my mum stayed in her pre schol job till a month ago when she finally made the leap into childminding. We seem to be getting on ok together. We arnt full yet so not really working together full time yet. We both have our own children we mind and get paid for but may decide to just split the money 50 50. Not sure on this yet

Cammie Doodle
21-06-2011, 07:57 AM
We work together most days, but have our own accounts etc. Mind you it does help that we were friends first and that we live next door. I used to Childmind on my own, but much prefer (for myself and the Mindees) working with Carolyn

munch149
21-06-2011, 12:18 PM
any ideas how i would go about finding someone. where would i advertise that i am willing to do this.

Boris
21-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I used to work with another CM at her house. I wouldn't do it again and wish I'd gone it alone from the start. Although I had none of the mess at my house I was out of the house all day and my kids hated it. She was able to get her washing done, dinner on etc. I couldn't do any of that. Didn't even feel comfortable enough to make myself a coffee! She expected me to pay a lot of money towards bills and wear and tear that more than covered all of her expenses! She used to spend money from our joint account like it was going out of fashion! :angry:

I'm not trying to put you off, just think about it very carefully. Think about how you will feel with extra children and another adult in your house all day. It sounds like Andrea has got it right. Your own space, accounts etc but the company too.

munch149
21-06-2011, 05:08 PM
would definately have accounts seperate. basically looking for someone who wants to do childminding but cant because they dont have there own house or something like that. would have to do icp and first aid but wouldnt have to worry about doing all policies or risk assessment as could just follow mine and planning would be shared. they would find their own mindees and pay me a little towards food and bills but not an excessive amount. thought term time only might be best so i get a bit of a break in school holidays but then again the help when got such a mix of ages would be great. otherwise i could get someone who just wants to do three days a week so get some time to myself (i work 5 days)