PDA

View Full Version : do I have

mushpea
20-06-2011, 06:57 PM
to have a contract in place?
am i right in thinking a contract assures that we will get paid for a certain amount of hours each week and that it garuntees a space for the child ,, what else does it do? obviously there are contact details of the parent etc on there and its says we will take part in activities etc but if a chid were to have a serioius accident in our care how would the contract protect us?

if you where going to have a child for 1 day only as a one off would you use a contract , if so what sort?

Mouse
20-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I do a lot of holiday cover, which is often one day care and I have a form that incorporates child information, permissions and the basic contract details (must pay in advance, must drop off & collect on time etc). I just cobbled it together with bits from contracts, child info forms and permission forms.

green puppy
20-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Perhaps you could write up a sheet stating the child's name, birth date, address etc and parents contact details. State that care is only for the date of xxx between the hours of xxx. The fee applicable for this care is xxxxx and should be paid xxxxx. Then sign it and date it along with parents. If you don't want to do that then I would atleast get a child record form filled in along with medical permission so you are covered for insurance.

marnieb
21-06-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm sure I found on here somewhere a temporary contract? it was only 2 pages, maybe that would be enought to use 1 day a month??

miffy
21-06-2011, 06:46 AM
if you where going to have a child for 1 day only as a one off would you use a contract , if so what sort?

I would just write my own agreement for this and get parent to sign it. I would ask for payment up front too.

If a child was coming just one day a week on a regular basis I would do a full contract.

Miffy xx