PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about becoming a support minder?

aly
20-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Me and my cm friend thought about becoming a support minder as we dont get any help or guidance from our D.O.

I did see something on the ncma website but cant find it now :rolleyes:

But we feel that there is not enough sipport out there for newly registered childminders, adn if it wasn;t for the sipport I got from this forum I would be out of my depth, and not a lot of people I know do not know about this forum so feel we could bring something to help those that need it.

I have not spkoen/seen our d.o for 2 years. My cm friend phoned her before xmas regarding a healthy eating course that they were providing, and she never got a call back .

So is there anything we can do and what is involved?

thanks

Pipsqueak
20-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Normally a support or buddy minder is something set up via the local authority - either NCMA supported or not - so its probably best to contact your EY team.

As to whats involved - again each area has specific things but its generally guiding them through the first year of registration - some newbies need more help than others. It can be rather frustratig but obviously you can lead a horse to water.......

oh and point them in this direction

Polly2
20-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Thsi is something I am doing unofficially! :D I kind of fell into it - but I do enjoy it very much! I made contact with my local FIS and also Flying Start. They were happy to use me as a contact as we don't have a network, DW or any support whatsoever here.

Go for it - we definately need people who are willing to help and its very rewarding!