PDA

View Full Version : When advertising your childminding business, can you set up a website with pictures?

Ripeberry
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi, just been looking through childcare link for my area and noticed that although most people had e-mail, no-one seemed to have a little website or blog site to show pictures of their facilities.
Is this because OFSTED won't allow it, or because people just don't want to.
It could make all the difference to a first enquiry.

ma7ie
01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I've got a link to my website through my Childcare link advertisement. They have no problem with it.:)

sarah707
01-05-2008, 05:21 PM
My website is on my CIS ad... :D

crazybones
01-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Mine too. :D

Tatia
01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Mine, too. I have pictures too but with the express written consent of parents.

jaja
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Do you lock your pictures in? i have had a look at a website recentley and the pictures of the mindees are not locked in and therefore i could save the individual pictures of the mindees! ( i know the children in question!) with people using pictures and changing them for their sick things, wouldnt it be compulsery to lock them into the website? any ideas on this? xx

sarah707
01-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't have pics of mindees on mine, just views of the setting... but

I have no idea what you are asking ... sorry! :blush:

jaja
01-05-2008, 07:30 PM
sorry (am full of cold and not making much sense!) , apparently you can lock pictures into a website which means other people cannot save or take a copy of the picture, if you dont lock your pictures in then people can click on the picture (double click on right hand mouse, then "save picture as" and save it on your computer)

is that clearer? i dont know how to explain it, i could show u! i dont tend to do computers much,:blush:

angeldelight
02-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I have never heard of the pictures being " locked "

I have pics on my website with children but had permission from parents first they are not locked whatever that means ha

Angel xx

sarah707
02-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes I understand now... thank you and sorry about your cold!

I have no idea how to do it though... my site is freewebs and my photos are hosted by photobucket I've never seen that option.

I will put it on my list of things to look into! :D

jaja
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Cool someone understands :laughing: I will ask hubby to write instructions down to lock them in and then i will post them on here, if you want?

My cold is horrible, i went to bed at 9 last night with hot water bottle on my face, had raging tooth ache too! i wasnt impressed. never mind it will go.

Tatia
02-05-2008, 04:02 PM
You mean disabling the right click option to save? A savvy web surfer can get around that but I guess it would stop the average bear. It's not a bad idea so I migh ask my husband about it (who is a savvy web user and knows all the tricks:cool: ).

Tatia
02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Hehe, just asked him and he said if anyone wants the code (to disable right click), he can give it to you, it's just a bit of javascript.

crazybones
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Hehe, just asked him and he said if anyone wants the code (to disable right click), he can give it to you, it's just a bit of javascript.

Ey :huh: :huh:

Pauline
16-05-2008, 12:41 PM
You are right it might stop the average nutter from getting pics of children but if someone is determined then disabling right click won't stop them.

Some info I was given once:

If you think disabling right-click will protect your source code or images, think again! Anyone who's determined to copy your content or code will do so regardless of his or her ability to bring up a browser context menu. If they want your source code then it's as simple as selecting 'view source' from the main menu. Article text can be highlighted and copied, images and media presentations can be retrieved from the cache and streaming media can be recorded.

:)

Tatia
17-05-2008, 08:16 AM
'xactly, Pauline. I don't know how to do it myself as I'm not particularly clever on the comp but I do know it can be easy peasy for someone who does know how.

vickie83
05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Those using fereewebs can disable right click ;) but people can find other ways of "stealing" the image, including taking a screen shot. If you're advertising where you're based its probably best to not publish pics of your LO's on your site or at least blur the faces. I like the idea of having pics of the setting though:thumbsup: