PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted regulations and online cypop 5 course

mumto3
20-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi all,

I could do with some advice

I got an email from my local council today inviting me to a briefing session, i replied saying that i wont be attending as i will be doing the cypop5 course online and she has replied saying under ofsted regulations i have to do their course (12 weeks and costs £215 - no funding) and briefing session as thats the only one they recognise so basically im not allowed to do an online one which is alot cheaper and more convenient for me, surely its my choice

Does anyone know the rules and if any of u who has done the course online did u check with ur borough first? When i emailed the company about doing it online i asked them if i could do it with them as they are a partner of nottigham council and they said yes as they are a cache verified course

Any advice would be great

missymood
20-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Maybe worth calling back n say you can,t afford it and maybe speak to someone else. Worth a try:thumbsup: good luck

mumto3
20-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Maybe worth calling back n say you can,t afford it and maybe speak to someone else. Worth a try:thumbsup: good luck

There isnt anyone else to speak to, shes the only one who deals with this, when I first tried ringing her and finding out about courses etc I had to leave a message for her to get back to me as she was off, I had to wait nearly 2 weeks :rolleyes:

I cant really afford the face to face classes, the online ones are alot cheaper, esp as i need to pay for first aid, safe guarding, health dec, ofsted fee etc

my view is if there is no funding and im paying it myself then surely i should beable to choose, I hate being dictated to, im not at school anymore :mad: im fully qualified in childcare, I cant see why i cant do it online as its still a certified course

sarah707
20-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately every area sets their own rules and if that's what your area is saying you have to do in order to become registered then I don't think you have a lot of choice :(

You could try talking to the lady's manager and see if she can explain why you have to do their course and no other but if that's their rule then I can't see them bending it because they would have to for others too.

Good luck with it all x

sunbeams
20-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe they could set up some kind of payment plan for you? :huh: I have just finished my CYPOP5 online and TBH would have much rather had the chance to do it on a course with others - much less 'dropped in the deep end' that way!!;)

Good luck with which ever way you go though.:thumbsup:

xx

mumto3
20-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Maybe they could set up some kind of payment plan for you? :huh: I have just finished my CYPOP5 online and TBH would have much rather had the chance to do it on a course with others - much less 'dropped in the deep end' that way!!;)

Good luck with which ever way you go though.:thumbsup:

xx

did u check with ur borough before doing it online?

missymood
23-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I know it's not fair for us childmiders. Sometimes I wonder if they actually want new childmindes at all:(

Hope you get it sorted