PDA

View Full Version : Talk about getting your monies worth!

Toothfairy
20-06-2011, 03:03 PM
One of my mindees gets picked up at 12.30 on a Monday.
At 12.15 I saw the mum pull up, so I start to put mindees coat on etc. After 5mins or so mum hadn't come to the door so I looked out the window to see if she was ok and there she was sitting in the car reading a book!!!:laughing:

And thats where she stayed til 12.30!

Now I know she has paid til 12.30 so is entitlled to stay in car til 12.30 but it just made me laugh that she was going to use every second up before coming to claim her little darling.;)

solly
20-06-2011, 03:24 PM
I used to have a mum do that everyday when she picked up at 1.30, sometimes she would read a book or even have her packed lunch if she was early and most days she was. This went on for 4 years, but if she was 5 - 10 minutes early in dropping off at 7.30 she would still knock the door.

Minstrel
20-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Too true!

I have a LO after school every day and mum gave me a list of her hols (odd days ) where she would collect and could i adjust the invoice i had just given her to reflect this. I pointed her back to the contract and since then she has retracted her offer of collecting the child from school herself and collects from me at 6pm on the dot. :rolleyes:

onceinabluemoon
20-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Just a thought but maybe she thinks she's not allowed to pick up until 12.30? Maybe it would be worth having a quick word saying you saw her reading and she mustn't feel that if she's ten minutes early she has to sit in the cold in the car, she's welcome to come pick up early. x

blue bear
20-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I had a dad do this, forst time I thought he was on the phone so took lo out to him, he said it's only 5.29 and I should take her back in and he would collect at 5.30!!!!

Toothfairy
20-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Just a thought but maybe she thinks she's not allowed to pick up until 12.30? Maybe it would be worth having a quick word saying you saw her reading and she mustn't feel that if she's ten minutes early she has to sit in the cold in the car, she's welcome to come pick up early. x

I did :laughing: When she came to the door I said "you did'nt have to sit in the car you know", she just went red and mumbled about having a last 5 mins of peace and quiet :laughing:

Her little one can be a bit of a handful shall we say :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
20-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I did :laughing: When she came to the door I said "you did'nt have to sit in the car you know", she just went red and mumbled about having a last 5 mins of peace and quiet :laughing:

Sometimes I would love that 5 minutes :) - yes it looks wierd not picking up but if when I picked up at preschool I wouldnt have dreamt of going in and picking up early.

rhea26
20-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I had a dad do this, forst time I thought he was on the phone so took lo out to him, he said it's only 5.29 and I should take her back in and he would collect at 5.30!!!!

Thats made me laugh, 1 minute! x

rickysmiths
20-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Oh thats really sad.

I only had one lo today. There was a knock on the door at 4.20ish no one expected, it was los dad. He never collects because he finishes work quite late. He had had an appointment locally and finished early and decided to collect his son and spend some quality time. Lo is usually collected at 6pm. Isn't that lovely. :clapping:

AliceK
20-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I have a parent who does this also. Won't pick up a minute early would rather wait outside and ring the bell at the time they've paid until. Weird if you ask me :blush:

xxx

PixiePetal
20-06-2011, 04:58 PM
One of my dads asked if it was ok to collect early a couple of weeks ago - 4.30 instead of 6pm. No other mindees that day so I got to finish early - I said it was never a problem if I was in!

I have had others who sit in the car taking/making phone calls to get their moneys worth :laughing: no problem either - just don't then ring the door bell late :rolleyes:

miffy
20-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Poor child! What must they have thought :(

Miffy xx

peach
20-06-2011, 05:07 PM
if only they would take the same atichude when dropping off 10 mins early! :angry:

onceinabluemoon
20-06-2011, 05:52 PM

ahhh I see - I think I'm too soft, I always try and see the good in people! :laughing:

The Juggler
20-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I have a parent who does this also. Won't pick up a minute early would rather wait outside and ring the bell at the time they've paid until. Weird if you ask me :blush:

xxx

but if I were gonna enjoy my last few minutes/half hour of peace and quiet I wouldn't want to be seen - I'd park round the corner :laughing:

SammyM
20-06-2011, 07:43 PM
but if I were gonna enjoy my last few minutes/half hour of peace and quiet I wouldn't want to be seen - I'd park round the corner :laughing:

Ha Ha - Me too!!!!!:happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana:

MaryMary
20-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I used to look after 3 siblings and mum's timings were, erm, erratic. Once, she pulled up outside, and the children spotted her. They got ready and waited, and waited, and waited. She was there for about 20 minutes!! :panic:
i sent her a text in the end.... and it woke her up!! :laughing: I had been getting a bit worried, as she did seem a bit slumped!! :o

moljak
20-06-2011, 09:31 PM
I actually prefer them to come at correct time if it's not a big difference and pre arranged.We're often in the garden and come in to change shoes, collect things and be ready to handover.If parent comes 10 mins early then we're not ready and mindees get silly about going.One mum has realised this and does wait in her car until correct time and this works for us :)

Lady Haha
21-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I actually prefer them to come at correct time if it's not a big difference and pre arranged.We're often in the garden and come in to change shoes, collect things and be ready to handover.If parent comes 10 mins early then we're not ready and mindees get silly about going.One mum has realised this and does wait in her car until correct time and this works for us :)

Same here! My mindees moan if their mums turn up early! So, I have seen a couple sit outside in the car waiting til as near 6pm as possible! Another one turned up at 5pm once and mindee made such a fuss that mum actually left and came back again an hour later!

kel1983
21-06-2011, 09:29 AM
I must say I agree with moljak. On a nice day we could be out in the garden playing or somedays out on school or nursery run so prefer to have parents arrive at the correct time. Before I invested in a wireless doorbell I use to get phonecalls on my mobile from parents saying they were at the front door and where was I. I couldnt hear the door from the back garden.

Also I like to start getting the children ready 10 minute before they go home so they are aware its time to nearly go home and not a shock when prents turn up early. Thats when they usually kick up a fuss about going.