PDA

View Full Version : Training Days

handeme
20-06-2011, 11:42 AM
How many of you take paid days off for training, is so how many do you take?

c x

Pixie dust
20-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Sorry no not me, all my local childminding training is on at week-ends or evenings.

Playmate
20-06-2011, 11:54 AM
We now take 2 a year. We introduced this after a questionnaire to parents last year. Most of our training also is at weekends and evenings, but it just means we can recoupe some of that time. This year we have decided to take ours in November for the NCMA conference, as we will need to travel to York during the day on Friday and as we won't be home before sunday Tea time, gives us chance on Monday to get straight and prepare for the week. :D

rickysmiths
20-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I take 4 paid days a year. I have done for a number of years now and haven't had a problem with parents over it. I have used one of mine to enable me to go to the NCMA conference in the past, though not this year.

As Playmate said most of our Training is at weekends or evenings but sometimes there is some on during the day.

I don't always use all of them.

Pipsqueak
20-06-2011, 12:42 PM
nope not here. its a case of I wish....

The Juggler
20-06-2011, 01:26 PM
no. all my training is eveningn weekend or if it's something I really want to go to I take a days' annual leave.

handeme
20-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I've just had this years training prospectus and a lot of them are during the week.

I was thinking of introducing training days, the way I looked at it was the training will benefit the children I care for so why should I have to loose a days pay.

Do you think a maximum of 3 or 4 days is too many?

c x

sarah707
20-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't take paid days off at all. The parents won't pay me if they are looking after their own child :)