PDA

View Full Version : struggling for ideas

hollyoaksmad
20-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Im really struggling what to do with the children at mo. I dont have alot of energy and feel very drained but I really feel like i need to do more

I have a 2 year old 6 month old and 4 year old.

Please help on what to do on a daily basis. activitys etc

I take them out everyday but i have them at dif times which is hard eg

2 year old 8:45 - 2 4 year old 12-5 1 year old 2.30- 6.30

xx

sarah707
20-06-2011, 08:25 AM
It's hard when children's times and days cross over like that... I find it easiest to plan a series of activities through the week and then repeat them for different groups of children on different days.

So last week we planned to make fathers day cards, read books about fathers / male influences, look at male figures in sport (lots of boys in the group so this captures their interest) etc...

We did these same (or very similar depending on the ages of the children involved) activities 3 times with different groups of children and extended them for 1 little one who was here twice on overlapping days.

These planned activities were slotted in around the normal daily routines and the children's free play / outside play / outings etc so everyone got a chance to join in and to do their own thing.

I hope that helps :D

hollyoaksmad
20-06-2011, 08:46 AM
thank u yes it is hard when it overlaps lol i cant do afternoon playgroups as i have to be back for 2:30 its really difficult as the other parents want me to take them to them x

catminder
21-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Just a thought but would it be possible for the 1 year old to be dropped off at playgroup? :)

Alison x

miffy
21-06-2011, 05:23 PM
thank u yes it is hard when it overlaps lol i cant do afternoon playgroups as i have to be back for 2:30 its really difficult as the other parents want me to take them to them x

I wouldn't do this if it stopped me being able to go out - could you ask parents to drop off/ pick up from wherever you happen to be?

I have different children on different days so often have to repeat activities - this week we've made and decorated butterflies and caterpillars, the children have loved doing them but I can't put everything away until they've all had a go!

Miffy xx

LittleStar's
21-06-2011, 05:46 PM
We have this 2 and tend to do the same activities a couple of times xx