PDA

View Full Version : What to do before briefing session?

caza
01-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I have booked myself onto the next briefing session in my area on the 4th June. Is there anything that I can be doing before I go on the briefing session or are thing pretty much on hold til then? I dont want to be sat here doing nothing if there is stuff I do. Also when do Ofsted first come round to check the house will this be after I have attended the briefing session?

Caroline

bubbly
01-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I didn't do anything to prepare for my briefing sessions. They were just purely to provide info for prospective minders. It's not like sitting an exam where you need to revise. Mine was very informal with tea and biscuits provided :)

Ofsted come around after the briefing sessions if you decide minding is the career for you.

You'll be just fine :)

Cazz
01-05-2008, 01:06 PM
I had my briefing session a couple of months ago and it was also very informal. There were 4 others and it was really to tell you what childminding is all about so you could decide if it is the career for you. I was given lots of information to take away and read and a form to apply for the ICP and First Aid courses which start this Saturday. I haven't had much else to do up to now except get loads of brilliant information and advice from this forum!

Good luck with it all.

Carole x

caza
01-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks I just didn't want to waste the next month if there were things I could be getting on with. I am feeling so impatient at the moment. Now that I have decided that childminding is what I want to do I want everything to happen now!!... Remind me of that in a few weeks time when Ofsted are due to come round and I'm whinging I dont have enough time get everything done :rolleyes:

Caroline