PDA

View Full Version : Task 8 CYPOP

missymood
19-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Please can someone help!

This is my last one that i need to add more info but can't think of what else to write!

Hope this helps someone
Task 8.An explanation of the concept of safeguarding and the duty of care that applies to all practitioners, an outline of the possible signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviors that may cause concern in the context of safeguarding; an outline of the regulatory requirements for safeguarding children that affect home based childcare; an explanation of the procedures that need to be followed by lone workers in home based settings when harm or abuse are suspected or alleged either against them or third parties.

Safeguarding children is paramount to my business. I will make sure that each child I look after is cared for and treated safely and equally. I will make sure that I do risk assessments on my house and review these as and when needed but at least once a year. I will do risk assessments on any outing that we have to make and review these when each time we go out noting down any changes. I will also have a visitor’s book in my home where any visitor’s will put their name into so that parent’s are aware who is coming into my home. I will not leave the children unsupervised with anyone except me and most certainly not with someone who is not a registered chidminder. I will write down any accidents that occur whilst in my care and also note any mark’s that I see on the child as they come into my care to make sure that the child is not being abused. I would make sure that I went through the safeguarding rules with the parent before I childminded their children so that are aware of what would happen if I suspected their child was being abused. That way they would be aware that I take this seriously. I would not any changes in the child’s behaviour such as being aggressive when not normally, being extra quiet, not wanting to get undressed , or not wanting any help where normally they would be willing for me to help them, flinching if I was near them, unusual mark’s on their body especially to the trunk, stomach and bottom, underweight, scruffy or dirty looking, not having clothes suitable for the weather conditions I will also have the leaflet about safeguarding children on my notice board so that parent’s can see this. I Would make sure that I don’t prompt the child and write down what the child had said to me if anything. The child’s welfare must be a priority.

If I am concerned about a child’s welfare, I will contact the Children’s Services Department Tel. 0845 603 5620 8.30 am -5.00 pm or out of hours 0845 600 4555, Ofsted Tel. 0300 123 4666 and the National Childminding Association (NCMA), for advice and support.

Child protection concerns that could identify a particular child are kept confidential and only shared with people who need to know this information.

If an allegation is made against me, I will report it to Ofsted and social services following the Safeguarding Children Board procedures in England. I will also contact NCMA’s safeguarding children service for advice and support.

In all instances I will record:
• The child’s full name and address
• The date and time of the records
• Factual details for the concern, for example bruising, what the chid said, who was present.
• Details of any previous concerns
• Details of any explanation from the parents
• Any action taken such as speaking to parents.

It is not my responsibility to attempt to investigate the saturation myself.

The comments from the marker are:
I need to to explain how this is applied!!
I thought i had but my head is hurting:mad:

missymood
19-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Anyone have any ideas:D

Kes
19-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Not sure really I thought you had covered everything well. Only thing I can think is if they want you to show examples of your accident and incident forms and any policies you have on it.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

missymood
19-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I must admit it is doing my head in.

Thanks can't think of much to add to it too but have done that and sent it off:thumbsup: Hopefully that's it

T0ffee
19-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi I'm just writing an essay myself on safeguarding- could you put something in about multiple-agency working?
This could include working together with parents and other carers-sharing information with play school, pre school. I know in practice this doesn't always happen but it should!!!!

missymood
19-06-2011, 07:34 PM