PDA

View Full Version : Help with numbers

nat222
19-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi i am in pre reg stage just waiting for my inspection but i have parents waiting to start sept the problem is my numbers.

I will have a full time 1year old, 4 day 2 and a half year old plus my daughter who is three so i will only have a space for under 5's on a wednesday now i also have a child who is going to school in september and she wants before 5 days a week but i just got told that she doesnt go full time straight away therefore would count in my under 5's but i wouldnt have a space!

What would i do charge full days and then have to have an assistant as i really dont think id get a variation for this as i want to apply for a variation for my next problem but i dont want to turn the child away as it would be just mornings after a few weeks and shed be classed as over 5.

I also have another 2.5 year old who wants thurs and fri full days but would try to get a variation to have 4 under 5 on these two days. I have read that variations wont get issued for most new businesses but if the child say wanted my space on a wednesday and settled in before september and then say mum wants to change hours to thurs and friday then if i applyed for a variation would i be more likely to get it or would you get an assistant. on the thurs i would have two over 5's before school and one over 5 before school on fri.

The 2.5 year olds have been at another setting together and their is no other childminders in my area and their parents want them to go to school together but if no one else offers drop of and pick up the parents will be stuck and i want to keep them together if i can and also one of the mums is expecting and so that would be more business in the future.

what would you all do?
:panic:

grindal
19-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I had a before and after schoolie started with me when he started in reception. Same situation - he was not in school full time until the middle of october. I did not have space for him full time, so the parents had to take time off work until he was in school full time.

Not sure about getting a variation - as I have never tried, but I am not sure Ofsted would be very willing to give a variation to a new minder - but you will not know unless you try.

Good Luck!