PDA

View Full Version : Warehouses/bulk buying

flowerpots
19-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Hi Everybody,

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday morning!:D

I was just wondering how many of you go to trade warehouses for food/craft etc.

I was thinking of joining up to a few but dont know where to start or even if im allowed.:o

xxxxxxxxx

miffy
19-06-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't use any atm but only because there are none really convenient for me to get to.

Have used costco and frith's in the past - you can get bargains but you need to add on vat and take into account any membership costs - sometimes things are just as cheap elsewhere

Miffy xx

Greengrass74
19-06-2011, 08:38 AM
We use Bookers Cash & Carry, no joining fee and great for bulk buy.
You can save a lot of money on the bulk purchases, like pasta, rice, baby wipes etc, however we do find that sometimes you can get items just as cheap if not cheaper from supermarkets.

We also use a general household cash and carry (Jones) but again you have to watch the price as supermarkets do some of the items cheaper.

We don't use Costco anymore as they seem to have become just like an oversized supermarket allowing almost anyone to join (great for members of the public) and charging them for the privilege of shopping there. Plus they are now not that cheap. We used them a couple of years ago but their prices seem to have rocketed recently.

I would say join one of the free Cash and Carry's for businesses only, but also use the supermarkets. Sign upto their weekly emails which let you know upcoming sales and special offers. Aldi, lidl and Netto are great for this they sometimes have great sales on crafty bits and pieces, pens, books etc.

aly
19-06-2011, 11:25 AM
we use costco and like it, yes you have to pay for membership bt thats all expenses you can claim that back.

most of the food is vat free.

rickysmiths
19-06-2011, 12:38 PM
We use Costco. Membership fee goes into expenses I get my baby wipes and gloves . Meat is excellent, cheese, Skippy Peanut butter and lots of oter stuff.

sonia ann
19-06-2011, 01:20 PM
we use Makro....................no membership fees......just had to show proof of being self employed, can't remember what i used now
We pick and choose what we buy as it's not always cheaper you have to be careful, but most of the time there are good savings

PixiePetal
19-06-2011, 01:34 PM
just looked online and my nearest costco/makro is over 35 miles away :rolleyes: I don't drive and don't think DH would be up for a day out at a warehose shop - will stick to Wilkinsons and Aldi for cheap bits :thumbsup:

flowerpots
20-06-2011, 06:20 AM
think i might give costco and makro a try, they are my nearest. :) and will just stick to supermarkets and pound shops. :D