PDA

View Full Version : Names?!

emily79
17-06-2011, 07:46 PM
My housemate donna and I have just had our first support visit with view to becoming co-childminders in our home I want to start a website to get some interest before we are registered (hopefully be september time)but we cant think of a name, any suggestions gratefully appreciated! we do have a rabbit called lettuce and have found some lovely logos of rabbits so maybe something to do with rabbits?

green4lynn
17-06-2011, 09:33 PM
How about Little Hoppers?

If I think of anything else I'll get back to you!
Good luck with the childminding!

Lynn x

wendywu
17-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Tops and Tails

Cotton Tails

Bouncy Bunnies

Bouncing Bunnies

:)

Jiorjiina
18-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Just remember that most the databases parents can search to find childcare work on an alphabetical basis, so go for something early on in the alphabet! ;)

Nicky G
01-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I am looking for a suitable name for my husband and I to have for our business. We were going to have Little Treasures but there seem to be a lot of businesses already with this name, so need to think of something else. We have totally drawn a blank.
We are almost done now with the registration, had a phonecall from Prospects last week to do pre reg visit, but had to put it off due to other commitments but will be happening sometime in the next week, ooooo getting a bit nervous now though....

Would be very grateful if I could get some other ideas for names......

Kezzle
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
I have found that thinking of a decent name for childminding is the hardest thing to do as there are sooo many nurseries and childminders that have been going much longer and snapped up all the obvious and good ones!

Good luck, i think i've finally got one together and designed a logo so now to get it out there.

Toothfairy
02-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Creative Bunnies
Bunnies Childcare
Little Bunnies Childminding Service

xshellbellex
02-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Finding a name is so difficult

I asked a few friends with kids for advice and got mixed reviews on names for childminders. Some said a babyish (animal related) name would not interest them especially if they had older children. Most said try to include your name and try to say something about your business, eg crafty kids, or include something like adventures, or cleve, bright or other words linked to success and achieving.

Taking all this on board I went simple and called myself Shelly's House and designed myself a great logo. It includes my name, is simple and easy to remember and will appeal to all ages of kids. Imagine a 10 year old during the school holidays having to go to little ducklings daycare (no offence if anyone has called their business this) but the kid wouldn't be too pleased

Just a few things for you to think about and sharing the advice I was given. It took me months to decide and I am just about to set up now so all excited

Kezzle
03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Finding a name is so difficult

I asked a few friends with kids for advice and got mixed reviews on names for childminders. Some said a babyish (animal related) name would not interest them especially if they had older children. Most said try to include your name and try to say something about your business, eg crafty kids, or include something like adventures, or cleve, bright or other words linked to success and achieving.

Taking all this on board I went simple and called myself Shelly's House and designed myself a great logo. It includes my name, is simple and easy to remember and will appeal to all ages of kids. Imagine a 10 year old during the school holidays having to go to little ducklings daycare (no offence if anyone has called their business this) but the kid wouldn't be too pleased

Just a few things for you to think about and sharing the advice I was given. It took me months to decide and I am just about to set up now so all excited

Very good points. I have wondered if mine sounds babyish to myself.... i might run it past the kids in Yr4 tomorrow!

sunbeams
03-07-2011, 06:55 PM
How about:
Popin's
Cupcakes
or even Sunbeams!
;)
xx

Greengrass74
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
We just call ourselves

Claire & Dave's Childminding Services.

Does what it says and having childminding in the name does help when people are searching.

You may also want to think of a good tag line. (A one liner to sell your business).

Ours is

Quality childcare in a caring, fun and friendly environment.

Good luck with everything :thumbsup:

emily79
09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
hi we have decided on The Little Imps as we are in lincoln and big lincoln city fans our logo has been drawn by a 5 yr old and is really cute 2nd support visit on monday then its the dreaded ofsted to come!:eek:

katie78
09-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Its hard coming up with a name that sounds professional but still gets across who you are,

I have opted for Catherynne's childminding and on my logo i have got catherynne's in pink, childminding in blue and our 5 years old daughter has drawn a picture of a girl and a boy holding hands with some flowers next to them !

It gets across who i am but still looks good ( or at least i think so anyway but i am a bit biased )

Hope you can come up with a super dooper name soon xx

Mainey84
10-07-2011, 12:36 PM
This thread has made me change my mind on what i was wanting to name mine (Tinkle Tots) because it never occured to me that most lists are alphabetised :blush:

I'd love Chammy's Chilblains but i think most parents would wonder why i named it after a foot condition and not get the Brian Conley reference (It's a Puppet!!)...oh well back to the drawing board.

Can only think of "Bunny Babes Childminding" (After Babes in the Wood-which isn't such a good ending) and parents might assume Babe meaning a "Lady who is rather hot" ;)

Good Luck xx

Kezzle
10-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Well with the name i've thought up i'd be quite far down in the aphabetised lists. But then if i used my name i'd be in pretty much the same position anyway :/