PDA

View Full Version : Fees

hayley.hayely
17-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi there. Ive just got registered but keep changing my mind on the fees im going to charge. I was looking to charge £4 p/hour but decided that due to trips/food etc I thought an all inclusive fee would be better. Therefore I decided that £4.50 an hour including everything would be good. But on talking to a local nursery, they only charge £3.20 an hour. Am i overcharging? I have only one after school child I have for £4 an hour but that doesnt include anything. What do you guys think? I really need to finally settle on a fee, but think that a flat rate would be easier for my not very mathematically challenging brain.
hayley

kel1983
17-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Wow thats a cheap nursery. Round here they cahrge £4.50 an hour at nursey. Childminders in my area charge £4 per hour. I charge this too but dont offer any meals. I find it easier at the moment for parents to supply lunch. This may change though as we get fuller

Mouse
17-06-2011, 09:12 AM
What do other childminders in your area charge?

hayley.hayely
17-06-2011, 09:28 AM
£3.50-£4 for childminding but thats not including extras. I thought it was really cheap too for a nursery. Prob explains why they are chokka-block