PDA

View Full Version : termination letter

Happy Bunny
17-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Could one of you lovely people help me word a termination letter please.

little chickee
17-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Depends what your after.

Dear xxx

Due to a change in circumstances i am giving the required x weeks notice that i am terminating our contract.

X's last day will be xxx and all monies due ( specify amount) are to be date by this date.

I have enjoyed looking after x and wish you all well in the future.

short and sweet.

Are the parents expecting the termination ? If not i would think its only fair to speak to them first. I couldnt just hand over an unexpected letter.

Happy Bunny
17-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks.
Parents have had a written letter from me last month regarding fees not being paid, plus countless conversations.
Fed up chasing money all the time.

little chickee
17-06-2011, 09:26 AM
In that case more like this.

Dear x

further to my letter dated...... regarding the non payment of your fees, as you still have not brought your fees up to date (or due to constant late payment of fees which ever applies) i am terminating our contract.

I cannot work if i am not getting paid on time. I am giving x weeks notice and x's last day will be.........

All monies due need to be paid by this date.

Your etc.

I would dispense with the niceties and just be factual and to the point.

The Juggler
17-06-2011, 12:37 PM
In that case more like this.

Dear x

further to my letter dated...... regarding the non payment of your fees, as you still have not brought your fees up to date (or due to constant late payment of fees which ever applies) i am terminating our contract.

I cannot work if i am not getting paid on time. I am giving x weeks notice and x's last day will be.........

All monies due need to be paid by this date.

Your etc.

I would dispense with the niceties and just be factual and to the point.

I would also withhold care until fees are paid up to date.