PDA

View Full Version : Child changing hours to go to nursery!

green4lynn
17-06-2011, 07:25 AM
I'd like a little bit of advice please regarding a change of hours in Sept! I've minded this little girl for nearly 3 years for 3 days a week with occasional extra hours on the other days. She currently goes to a nursery one morning when she's with me and 2 mornings when she with mum and dad. In Sept she is increasing her nursery sessions to 3 full days plus 1 morning. Mum has asked if I can do 2 full days, with her going to nursery 1 morning for which I will get paid. She also wants me to have her before and after nursery on the 3rd day, paying me 4 hours for 3 hours minding and drop off and pick up!

My dilemma is, while I've agreed to this in principle, we've not re-done the contract, and I'm beginning to realise from reading posts on here that although mum doesn't want me to be on call for the time child is at nursery she wants the place kept for school hols so I should be charging something!

What is reasonable to charge? I can't fill the space so not sure what do to!

Any advice please?

Lynn x

rickysmiths
17-06-2011, 07:38 AM
If I was having the child before and after nursery I would be charging for the whole day. It doesn't matter that you are not on call, you can not fill that time in the morning with another child because they are using an Early Years place. If they were at full time school even if they are under five they count in your over 5 numbers so freeing up the Early Years place.

The only time I don't charge for the time a child is at nursery is if I don't drop them off in the morning, However if the parents wanted that day for the holiday and so would be dropping to me then they would have to pay 1/2 fee retainer for that morning to make sure it was free for the holiday.

Does that make sense?