PDA

View Full Version : Measles

snufflepuff
16-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I received a letter today from the local council about the measles outbreak.All schools, childminders, nurseries etc would have got the same thing. There was a letter enclosed to be given to all parents. It basically states that children over 12 months who have not had the MMR should have it ASAP, and children who have only had one dose should arrange to have the second dose (usually given between 3 and 5 years but can be given earlier) as it will improve their level of protection.
Has anyone else been sent anything like this?
Do I just need to give the letter to parents and leave it at that?
I have 2 mindees over 12 months and both have had their first dose, as has my son. My other mindee is 7 months so hasn't had it yet.
I'm not sure if maybe I should call the doctors tomorrow and ask about my son having the second dose? He's 28 months old. I'm not keen on subjecting him to more jabs but at the same time I obviously don't want him to get ill! He catches everything, his immune system is rubbish like mine! :panic:

Zoomie
16-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I had an email about a month back from our local FIS, stating that there had been a measles outbreak in Europe.

About a week or so after, I noticed a story in the paper ... something about there having been about 4x as many cases of measles reported in the first few months of this year, as compared to last year.

Not much we can do, except to maybe say that we are being told there is an outbreak and to brush up on our knowledge of what to look out for, and obviously to contact our GPs if we need personal advice ????

BlondeMoment
16-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I've not recieved anything like that. We're prob in different areas tho

jayjay1963
17-06-2011, 05:11 AM
I got the same letter yesterday, copied it and gave one to each family I have. One mindees mum said she had been given the same info by her health visitor too. All of my mindees are up to date with their jabs thankfully!

Jacqui