PDA

View Full Version : variation!!

carebear25
16-06-2011, 07:21 PM
foster parent of my school holiday mindees has just rung 2 see if i can have their sister (nearly 3) for a few hours 1 day next week which would normally not be a problem and I would do a ad hoc contract as I have done previously.

Now I have my new mindee (7mth) startin on monday an it would put me over my numbers.

Do you think ofsted would give me a variation for sibling
(i would have my ds 3, dd 14mths, x 7mths) I have room in car for all 4 and would be able 2 transport them 2 an from car/house

muffins
16-06-2011, 07:24 PM
They would prob grant the variation if you can prove you manage but not sure you could get it at such short notice:rolleyes:

carebear25
16-06-2011, 07:30 PM
They would prob grant the variation if you can prove you manage but not sure you could get it at such short notice:rolleyes:

I were thinking that, but maybe if I explain circumstances to them and kids are in foster care, foster parent a bit careful of who has them. She is going to ask nursery if she can stay at nursery a bit longer (which would solve the problem)

prettysunflower
16-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I had this recently, I rang ofsted and explained, they emailed me a form, I sent it straight back marked urgent decision needed and got a reply in less than a week.:clapping:

Helcatt
16-06-2011, 10:00 PM
maybe its changed in the last few months but I phoned up in feb saying I needed to care for extra child the next day and it was granted over the phone - she told me the new cert wouldn't be there in time but that was ok

Good luck

HX

carebear25
16-06-2011, 10:45 PM
maybe its changed in the last few months but I phoned up in feb saying I needed to care for extra child the next day and it was granted over the phone - she told me the new cert wouldn't be there in time but that was ok

Good luck

HX

That would b good if got answer straight away x

miffy
17-06-2011, 06:59 AM
I have had a variation in similar circumatances - I phoned Ofsted and they gave me someone's name to e-mail variation form to (still had to fill in form) and then they phoned me and agreed over the phone.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
17-06-2011, 08:47 AM
I have had one granted in a day. You don't need to have the Cert in your hand like we used to, when they grant the variation they update your information online instantly so you are covered. :thumbsup: