PDA

View Full Version : Cars for childminding

Kirsty B's
15-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I currently have a small 3 door car, and would struggle to fit a buggy in the boot to be honest.
I am thinking of getting a bigger car for childminding possibly a 7 seater like a Zafira.
Can cars used for childminding be any age, as long as they are serviced, mot'd, taxed and well maintained?

Kirsty xxxxx

TRACEY1969
15-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I currently have a small 3 door car, and would struggle to fit a buggy in the boot to be honest.
I am thinking of getting a bigger car for childminding possibly a 7 seater like a Zafira.
Can cars used for childminding be any age, as long as they are serviced, mot'd, taxed and well maintained?

Kirsty xxxxx

yes they can. Do a risk assessment regarding car seats seat belts etc. Business insurance, MOT TAX and service you should be fine.

Mookins
15-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Kirsty xxxxx

as long as there all legal beagle hun you sure can, we just traded in our V reg picasso for a 02 Zafira, love itbut a real pain in the rear when all seats in use to get anything else in or the kids in and out the boot seats:rolleyes: but couldnt stretch the budget any further so will keepswopping seats round till i get it right lol
xxx

~Chelle~
15-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I had a Zafira but really struggled to get a double buggy in the boot.

We now have a Citroen C8 and it is fantastic. With all seats up I can get my double and single buggy in the boot.

They are very spacious and the kids love the "magic" doors xx

charleyfarley
15-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I had a Zafira but really struggled to get a double buggy in the boot.

We now have a Citroen C8 and it is fantastic. With all seats up I can get my double and single buggy in the boot.

They are very spacious and the kids love the "magic" doors xx

I also had a Zafira but due to it going wrong I bought a Elyusse, the same body as a C8, so much more space :clapping: :clapping:

Although one of my doors is playing up so i need that sorted and soon :panic:

Carol xxx

TRACEY1969
15-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I have a Honda FRV it sits 3 in front and 3 in the back and you can fit a double buggy in the boot and a single. Think they have stopped making these now but they are brill to drive and they don't look big on the outside but they are roomy

Kirsty B's
15-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you all very much for your replies :D

Thats brilliant news as I would only have a £2000 budget (what my old car is worth plus some saving up to do!) so it would be a good few years old!

I am off to have a look at the cars you have recommended, any cars you would stay clear of?

xxxxx

Mookins
15-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Thank you all very much for your replies :D

Thats brilliant news as I would only have a £2000 budget (what my old car is worth plus some saving up to do!) so it would be a good few years old!

I am off to have a look at the cars you have recommended, any cars you would stay clear of?

xxxxx

our budget was also £2000 including out car....was told by some lovely peeps on here to stay clear of Renault grand espace unless its still in its warranty......i would love a Ulysse:D
have also been tod that a Seat Alhambra, Galaxy and Sharan are basically the same car just paying for the name...the Alhambra beinng the cheaper of them all, we had none our way else i would of snapped up one of them xxx

Helcatt
15-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I love my Sharan - but you can get the Seat Alhambra for much less and is the same car essentially.

It is a struggle to get a double buggy in the boot though, when all 7 seats are in use.

Lots of people I know like the toyota previa

Hx