PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lost and Scared to start

Louise317
15-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Just sitting here thinking of all the things to sort out if a parent tells me yes and feeling lost and over whelmed with it

Think I'm scared to start minding :panic: :panic:
And things are to get finished at home, like adding a back gate, safety gates etc.

I haven't organised insurance yet, until I get a yes - Is that OK ? I know where I'm going for it.
I do the Tax/NI when I start to ?
What else do I need to have in place ?
(All my paperwork, policy's, RA, Daily diaries and Learning Journal are in place and ready to go)

I think its thrown me, a potential parent turning up with no appointment and I think she went to visit my next door but one neighbor also CM but can't be sure. She's 20yr experience!! And that's fine if she doesn't
choose me.

But just feeling scared and lost :(

Louise xx

miffy
15-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Oh bless you - you will be fine :)

No point in paying for insurance until you need it but if you know where you're getting it from you could ring and see how long it takes for them to put it in place (I would think you could do it over the phone and be covered straight away) just to put your mind at rest.

You sound pretty organised so it's probably just last minute nerves. Hope this parent gets back to you quickly.

Miffy xx

mumto3
15-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Imfeeling quite overwhelmed by it all too and I havent even started the training yet :rolleyes:

Ive got a list of things that I wanna get done round the house, some safety issues like needing a new fence in the garden coz our ex neighbour put the current one up and he was abit of a cowboy and the fence now has gaps where the slats should fit together (im assuming ofsted wouldnt agree with this), lots of other decorating bits and bobs too, just finishing little bits off from before really.

I have it in my head that I cant start the online course or first aid course or anything else until all this is done coz if I have too much going on i might get stressed with it all, when I think about it all I feel like my head is gonna explode :panic:

I also have a neighbour that lives 2 doors away that is a cm and has been for over 4 years

Im sure u will be ok once u get ur first mindee and u start up

missymood
15-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Lots of hugs your way.:group hug:

I was a childminder for 4 years and gave up for a couple. Only been back since April so it is all new to me too! It will be fine just take your time and don't take on too much too soon:thumbsup:

Everyone on here is here to help remember

Louise317
15-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Thank you x

I think because it took so long to get here (15mths) as I had to wait 8mths to start my course due to tutor been on maternity leave. And I started advertising when Registration certificate came through thinking it would take a while, in the last week I had 3 visits.

I want to get things finished in the house but hubby needs to do so always waiting!

Getting new storage this weekend though, so that something to look forward to and want to go and get some new supplies.

I just wanted it to be ready for people to see what it would look like I guess :)

missymood
15-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't worry to much we have no wallpaper on the walls as hubby in middle of decorating so not looking so great at the moment but parents can see beyond that:D

As long as you are ok then things will NATURALLY get done in the end:thumbsup:

loocyloo
15-06-2011, 06:04 PM
i had 2 sets of parents come to visit me whilst we were just finishing an extension ... you could see the downstairs space, but it was full of concrete and debris ...

one parent couldn't see beyond the shell, and went to another minder the other parent said I was the important thing, not my house! she came to me and stayed for years!

The Juggler
15-06-2011, 08:26 PM
hon you will be fine. i had everything in place but was still pooping myself about the first day having left a full time job to care not just for my two kids but two others :laughing: :laughing:

insurance you can arrange the day before (it's effective immediately) or the friday before (if you are starting on a monday).

you will be fine, breathe...relax... enjoy.x

mariehunter
16-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Im in the same boat...was a CM before I moved back to the NE from Wales,and re registered in Jan, its a scary time , once you get that first child in you will be great