PDA

View Full Version : Is this right....Childcare.co.uk

caz3007
15-06-2011, 01:30 PM
http://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/cart/

This one is listed under parent requiring childcare, but it looks like she is offering childcare during the summer. Surely thats not right, thought Childcare.co.uk was for registered childminders

joannetalbot
15-06-2011, 01:35 PM
i think Ofsted would have something to say about that! we recently had 2 police officers in our local press who were looking after each others children while the other was a work but because neither of them were registered they both got into trouble!

jo x

TheBTeam
15-06-2011, 01:37 PM
http://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/cart/

This one is listed under parent requiring childcare, but it looks like she is offering childcare during the summer. Surely thats not right, thought Childcare.co.uk was for registered childminders

I think she is looking for childcare although not worded too well in the first part, i think she wants it cheap cos she is going to be looking after her kids herself for some of the time!

Mouse
15-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I think she is looking for childcare although not worded too well in the first part, i think she wants it cheap cos she is going to be looking after her kids herself for some of the time!

I read it that she wants childcare herself from Sept, but is offering cheap childcare herself between now & then.

muffins
15-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Her exact words-

I am available through the Summer holidays to provide some childcare this year as on maternity leave-if anybody would be interested in reduced cost childcare from now (June 2011) until Sept get in touch.

So yes she is offering childcare:rolleyes:

Greengrass74
15-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I read it that she wants childcare herself from Sept, but is offering cheap childcare herself between now & then.

After reading it several times, I would agree

Carol M
15-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I have emailed her, all very friendly like :D
Carol xx

Helen79
15-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Sounds like she is providing childcare during the summer holidays when she's on mat leave, then looking for childcare for her lo in Sept when she goes back to work.
Not sure if she would still be entitled to paid mat leave if she's going to be working looking after other people's children.

Playmate
15-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm surprised this got through their moderators to be honest! mind you I don't know what parents would see this because if she is registered as a parent its only going to childcarers reading her profile :rolleyes:

loocyloo
15-06-2011, 04:31 PM
contact richard at childcare.co.uk and tell him

rickysmiths
15-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I have emailed Childcare.co.uk and pointed it out to them.

caz3007
15-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your input and thanks Rickysmiths for letting Richard know. I read it several times and was a bit confused, but decided she was definately offering cheap care for the summer

Richard
15-06-2011, 05:49 PM
This member has now been suspended.

She was seeking childcare but also said she could provide childcare although she didn't specifically state the care would be provided in her own home and would not need to be Ofsted registered to provide care as a babysitter in the parents' home.

Thanks however for drawing this to our attention.

LChurch
15-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I am sure i have seen others who have advertised like this before. Makes me cross that people do this. Glad it was pointed out to them!

flowerpots
15-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Childcare.co.uk are very good with this type of thing. isent them a quick e-mail a couple of weeks ago to alert them to a post very similar to this and it was removed very quickly. :thumbsup:

boxtree7
15-06-2011, 07:43 PM
the post has being removed