PDA

View Full Version : warning would be nice!

Louise317
15-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Having a lazy morning after having a parent visit yesterday, Gas man turns up so have to lug things out the cupboard so he can do the reading... sit down to a coffee and lunch and think i'll do a quick tidy after eaten...

Anyway before I've had a chance to tidy (which is not a lot really, few dishes, few toys, ironing pile and load the washing machine clothes sitting outside it to go in)

The door bell goes...

Potential parent, who didn't organise a visit when she called for details yesterday was standing there, was in the area visiting another CM didn't have phone to call but didn't fancy walking all the way home to come back to same area.

So with a messy house, parent pack not binded and totally feeling of unprepared I showed my stuff in a fluster :(

Didn't want to turn her away though as its for sibling (1 and 2), she was apologetic and with two kids I understand why she took the chance...

Just wished I hadn't sat around all morning :(

Sorry, none one else would understand so thought i'd moan/share with you lovelies xx

miffy
15-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't worry about it - she called on the off-chance so she should have been prepared to take you as she found you.

Fingers crossed she chooses you :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
15-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Do you know sometimes these are the ones that work best, i often find the ones with the least prep!

Good luck, could do with one of them coming my way!

JulieA
15-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Well she should feel lucky you were in!:)

Fingers crossed

Louise317
15-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Well she should feel lucky you were in!:)

I'm only in because I'm waiting for a delivery :)

I must add I don't have any mindees yet, so just me and dd at home that's why having a lazy morning :)

be nice if she does 2 kids for 25hrs each, means still get time with just me and dd... but she was to see another 2 minders so you never know.

xx

sarah707
15-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Fingers crossed for you :D

Chimps Childminding
15-06-2011, 05:40 PM
How annoying :angry: However, when we were looking for a nursing home for mum, we were advised not to make appointments, to just turn up unannounced!!!

Knowing how much I would have hated that myself, I made appointments :D

catminder
15-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Best of luck Louise, let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
15-06-2011, 06:12 PM
finger crossed:D

Zoomie
15-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I had this yesterday.

Had morning off, so not swept or cleaned, had taken half the curtains down to wash and had a knock on the door. Parent recognised my picture from childcare.co.uk and did the math and worked out where i live.

i asked her to wait as was getting dd ready for nursery, chattered to her on way to / from nursery, she came in for a bit and then came back last night and signed all the contracts / paperwork.

Louise317
15-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Parent recognised my picture from childcare.co.uk and did the math and worked out where i live.

That's a bit scary Zoomie!