PDA

View Full Version : Boring Dilema but I need your help please

claire'scherubs
14-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Sorry I haven't been on for a while but really have had a lot on and finally split with the DH after 18 years, don't worry Im fine and really on top of my game again.

However, can any of you tell me how easy it is to move house as far as getting back to work asap, obviously there is only one income now so I couldnt be without work for a big period of time.

Its rented and I am in rented so would be looking to move 1st Aug and have a week off, would that work or am I being a little optimistic :idea:

love381
14-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Do you mean that you are moving in the same area and will be working with the same children? When I moved three streets from my previous address, I contacted OFSTED prior to my move and they said contact us on the day before you want to start minding in your new place. Then, during the next call they asked if I had got new furniture, if I'd done new RA and if I felt the house was suitable now etc. Perhaps that'll still work. x

RachelE
14-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I moved 2 hours away and different county and all I needed was a fully detailed RA and a floor plan! - scary really!

They said I needed to wait until I had the cert - it came through very quickly!

HTH,
Rachel x

funemnx
14-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Good luck with the move, glad you're feeling positive about everything - onward and upward!!! :thumbsup:

I assume you're moving close to where you are now and are keeping all your current mindees so that should make it a lot easier. I don't think we need to be inspected any more when we move, just do a Risk Assesment. No reason why you can't be ready to work after a week. You can have the basic stuff sorted re safety downstairs and sort the rest as you go along.

All the best with the move x

sue m
14-06-2011, 07:41 PM
All the best from me too Claire. Pleased to hear you're ok. x

claire'scherubs
14-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Wow, thanks for all the quick replies and yes I really am ok!!!

I am only moving closer into town, so yes same parent, same mindees and I am sure I could risk assess before I move and send it all in to Ofsted, maybe I need to ring them tomorrow and make some enquiries

miffy
14-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Glad you're OK Claire.

Good luck with the move

Miffy xx

lma
14-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I just moved in december and only moved a few streets away to a house which is only round the corner from the school I pick-up from.

I contacted Ofsted once I knew my moving day which was in about 3 weeks. They asked me if there were any hazards in my new house they needed to be made aware of such as a garden pond. I said no and they were fine with that. Didn't ask me if I'd done any risk assessments or floor plans.....nothing.

I gave them my new address and they said they'd send me out my new certificate to the new house. Luckily there was no one living in the new house as the certificate arrived before I had even moved. Came about a week after I had phoned them.

I moved on the saturday and OMG I started minding again on the monday. No break whatsoever. I gave my parents a letter on the friday before I moved informing them of the move in writing (they all knew already) and included a little paragraph about how I will still be a little unorganised on the week after moving but to rest assured that their children will be safe and well cared for.

Just think about whether your an organised person and whether you will be able to go with the flow and manage whilst your getting things organised. I was lucky as my dad works in the trade and plummed in my washer, drier,dishwasher,cooker and my hubby took a few days off to get the house ship shape whilst I was at various toddler groups.

Looking back now I do wish I'd taken a few days off to settle in but never mind:rolleyes:

The Juggler
14-06-2011, 09:39 PM
sorry to hear what happened but glad you are ok. i think if you are moving and keeping same mindees I can't see a problem. Just need to inform ofsted and risk assess new premises. they may come out to see you.:)