PDA

View Full Version : information bout over 3's please

TRACEY1969
14-06-2011, 05:00 PM
one of my mindee's is due to start pre school in Sept but he is still in nappies. The parent has just spoken to me about not sending him because he must be out of nappies and to be honest i don't think they are interested in potty training him they just want someone else to do it. anyway the parents have just said they are sending him to a nursery where they can get 15hrs free if they don't send him to pre school and i have him on my set 3 days but i didn't think it works like that. She only works 3 days the days i have him and she gets family tax towards my fees, will she still get the free 15hrs as well and still get her full family tax?

Rain or Shine
14-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I honestly don't know. Very good question though, will be handy to know for when my baby is 3 x

mushpea
14-06-2011, 05:14 PM
a child recives 15hrs free childcare provided by the goverment from the term after they turn 3yrs old, this is not affected by tax credits so yes she should still get this. If you are an accredited childminder then you can recive the govermnt funding for the children .

grindal
14-06-2011, 05:19 PM
All 3 year olds are entitled to 15 hours free pre school education per week. Accredited childminders can deliver this. If you are a non accredited childminder of course your parent can continue to use you 3 days a week. Tax credits and funded pre school places are completely different things,

Rain or Shine
14-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Prob a silly question but......Whats an acredited Childminder? What makes it different?

TRACEY1969
14-06-2011, 05:21 PM
a child recives 15hrs free childcare provided by the goverment from the term after they turn 3yrs old, this is not affected by tax credits so yes she should still get this. If you are an accredited childminder then you can recive the govermnt funding for the children .

so now he can come to me for 3 days and then do 15hrs more at a nursery so now he will be full time so to speak and she can sit back and let us do the work for him. How lucky are parents now lol

if i were an accredited child minder which i was looking into she would still send him to another nursery and pay for me as she only works 3 days a week.

Is there much paper work involved with being an accredited child minder and how do you become one. I have asked my DO but she hasn't come back to me yet. I have been a child minder for 7 years and have my NVQ3

ChocolateChip
14-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Sounds like you need potty training policy hun, one that states that parents must start the process at home, and you will carry on supporting when the child is fairly reliable :D
Don't get me wrong, I am happy to support parents and children with whatever but we are not there to let parents shirk all responsibility for their child. I would be suggesting to them that they plan a week or two off in the summer to start it :D
Tbh I thought all settings had to accept children if they were still in nappies now, under EYFS requirements?

Anyway, re the original question, yes she can also claim his 15hrs at a nursery that offers it but only if they have spaces. Also I think there's a maximum they can use every day, and isn't there something about it being spread over 3 days?
So she might not get the full allowance.
Just in case she asks, if he is to fo to nursery/ pre school while he is with you, you can still charge full rates while he is there as you won't be able to fill his space.

TRACEY1969
14-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Sounds like you need potty training policy hun, one that states that parents must start the process at home, and you will carry on supporting when the child is fairly reliable :D
Don't get me wrong, I am happy to support parents and children with whatever but we are not there to let parents shirk all responsibility for their child. I would be suggesting to them that they plan a week or two off in the summer to start it :D
Tbh I thought all settings had to accept children if they were still in nappies now, under EYFS requirements?

Anyway, re the original question, yes she can also claim his 15hrs at a nursery that offers it but only if they have spaces. Also I think there's a maximum they can use every day, and isn't there something about it being spread over 3 days?
So she might not get the full allowance.
Just in case she asks, if he is to fo to nursery/ pre school while he is with you, you can still charge full rates while he is there as you won't be able to fill his space.

i have a policy for potty training but i really do think some of these parents want other people to bring there child. She had 3 weeks off work for hols for hols she had to use and she still sent him and made out she was still going to work but she forgot she wrote it on face book. I was mad that she could of took the time to train him in those weeks but now she has found a new way out 15hrs free at a nursery and 3 days with me. The nursery have already said they will have him 2 full days as she knows the manager there.