PDA

View Full Version : Advice on NVQ L3 CCLD

acorns
14-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I've been speaking to the local college tutor about the above, and the course involves one session at college on an evening and 2 hours work at home. I didn't think this sounded like as much work as I expected, so i wondered from thos of you actually doing the course, how long you would say you spend each week on it? I want to do something to learn but son't have a lot of time to do it!

rickysmiths
14-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Do you mean the Level 3 Diploma Young People's Workforce?

I don't think they do the L3 CCLD anymore it has been replaced by the above.

I do one Sat a month 10-4pm and we are expected to do a min of 4-5 hours a week in order to do our assignments and the Maths and English practice papers. I think most of us are finding it takes a bit longer. Maybe we will get quicker as the course goes on.

Then there are 4 visits by your tutor to assess you while you work and visits by your assessor. I had a Tutor visit today I have written about it. on another thread.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83623&highlight=CYPW

acorns
14-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Do you mean the Level 3 Diploma Young People's Workforce?

I don't think they do the L3 CCLD anymore it has been replaced by the above.

I do one Sat a month 10-4pm and we are expected to do a min of 4-5 hours a week in order to do our assignments and the Maths and English practice papers. I think most of us are finding it takes a bit longer. Maybe we will get quicker as the course goes on.

Then there are 4 visits by your tutor to assess you while you work and visits by your assessor. I had a Tutor visit today I have written about it. on another thread.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83623&highlight=CYPW

It is the NVQ3 CCLD, two local colleges are still running it in September2011.

rickysmiths
14-06-2011, 05:28 PM
It is the NVQ3 CCLD, two local colleges are still running it in September2011.

Interesting we were told it had been replaced totally by the CYPW. I wonder why these colleges need to run the old courses and not offer the new ones that started last Sept?

acorns
14-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Our college is running both. Probably because one course doesn't suit everybody & they have realised this.

clio0602
14-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Interesting we were told it had been replaced totally by the CYPW. I wonder why these colleges need to run the old courses and not offer the new ones that started last Sept?

They are still running the nvq3 here but I chose to do CYPW instead x

Jules11
15-06-2011, 07:18 PM
They are still running the nvq3 here but I chose to do CYPW instead x

The CYPW replaced the old CCLD NVQ in Sept 2010. The new award(CYPW) will give you credits on the ULN database which you can build on with additional courses up to a higher level award. The CCLD will not give you any credits but IS still a valid qual for those who have completed it!!!
If you have a choice of awards to complete then the CYPW is definatly the better award to enrol on now.. The CCLD should only be available to those who are already working on this award?!
The CYPW diploma is equivalent to the old level three and the CYPW certificate is equivalent to the old NVQ CCLD level two.
I hope this is helpful. Jx