PDA

View Full Version : CHILDCARE EXPO 2011

Greengrass74
14-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine (if you have it)

We are thinking of going to this years Childcare Expo in Sept.

Has anyone been in previous years, and if so is it worthwhile going

sarah707
14-06-2011, 05:29 PM
It was the first one last year (I think) and was midweek so I couldn't go.

I am hoping to go this year though on the Saturday :D

sandy64
14-06-2011, 05:40 PM
yep thanks weve had a lovely hot day hope it lasts can you tell me more about it and where it is please:)

Jiorjiina
14-06-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.childcareexpo.co.uk/home.htm

Looks really interesting!

justdaz
14-06-2011, 06:50 PM
hi, don't know much about it but had researched it on Google.

This years event is on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th September at the Rioch Areana, Coventry, Midlands.

There is quite a bit of info on the 'Child Care 2011' website.

Hope this helps.

Carol M
14-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I have booked seminars on the Friday, with greatful thanks to parents re arranging care for mindees. May just have to come along on the Saturday too as I'm sure I won't get round everything in 1 day!
It would be great to have a bit of a Forum meet up.
Carol xx

Donkey
14-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I posted something in the 'meeting up' section a while ago

I am thinking of going... am persuading nicoleon to come too :D

childcareexpo
04-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey Guys,

We've just published an article on our blog that was written by Catherine Clark from TTS that is full of free and cheap ideas for childminders, which we thought might be of interest.

The link is - http://www.childcareexpo.co.uk/m-blog/view/sometimes-the-best-things-in-life-are-free(682).htm

Kimberley :)

Penny1959
04-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Dave

I have not been before but I am going this year. I have a post somewhere about a meet up afterwards on the Saturday (sorry no idea how to put the link) anyway some of us are meeting up for a meal and staying overnight - while others are just joining us for the meal - would be great if you (and any one else interested) could join us.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me will put the link on.

So far I have me, Carol M, Playmates, Blueboy, Sarah707, Donkey, Maisymog and Nix as definatley interested - so lots of room for more to join us.

Penny :)

childcareexpo
21-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Thank you to all of you that came to Childcare Expo 2011!

Did you find it useful?

We had fun den-building and play with sand!

:)

angeldelight
21-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey Guys,

We've just published an article on our blog that was written by Catherine Clark from TTS that is full of free and cheap ideas for childminders, which we thought might be of interest.

The link is - http://www.childcareexpo.co.uk/m-blog/view/sometimes-the-best-things-in-life-are-free(682).htm

Kimberley :)

Thanks for the link

Angel xx

Penny1959
21-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Thank you to all of you that came to Childcare Expo 2011!

Did you find it useful?

We had fun den-building and play with sand!

:)

I was one of the forum friends that went to expo - I was a bit disappointed with the number of stands and the number that were clearly only interested in nursery / pre school settings.

However having said that when I visited on the Saturday it was quiet and I enjoyed having a good look without the usual pushing and shoving - and it was a real bonus to be able to talk to people about their products.

And I did come home with a few bargains and a whole list of things to save up for.

Playmate
21-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I was one of the forum friends that went to expo - I was a bit disappointed with the number of stands and the number that were clearly only interested in nursery / pre school settings.

However having said that when I visited on the Saturday it was quiet and I enjoyed having a good look without the usual pushing and shoving - and it was a real bonus to be able to talk to people about their products.

And I did come home with a few bargains and a whole list of things to save up for.

Blue Boy and I also attended and agree with Penny's comments, initially disapointed, but enjoyed not having to fight to get to talk to people :clapping:
Unfortunately much of the merchandise promoted at these exhibitions is beyond the average childminder's price bracket. It would be great to see some more special offers and things we could take away on the day rather than paper literature that probably doesn't get a second looking once we have left the show. It would also be nice in future to see a couple of the seminars on Saturday aimed at Childminders as we noticed as we walked around, many of the delegates on the Saturday were indeed Childminders!
The venue was easy to find and parking was great :clapping: We actually travelled up from just outside london and made a great weekend of it with our forum friends :D

childcareexpo
22-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Glad you enjoyed looking around the show! We had 65 companies at the exhibition and next year hopefully we will have some more. The show is always going to be smaller than the larger shows that target education from 0-19 years as we are dedicated to the early years.

We will try our hardest to encourage some of the smaller companies to exhibit at the expo next year, we've got some in mind but who would you like to see?

Playmate, I'm glad there was no fighting! :p Thank you for travelling so far to come and see us! You mentioned that you would like seminars on the Saturday which focus on issues that interest Childminders, what kind of topics interest you?

Thank you for all your feedback and hopefully next year we can build on this year's success and create a must attend event! :)